Why so hard?

Alan S

1000+ Posts
If any of you do a skip around the classifieds occasionally just out of curiosity, have you noticed how difficult it is these days?
To get into "Drive.com" at times can be like working through a maze with it constantly referring you across to the new car adverts, whilst "news.com" have found a way to make it inaccessible at times.
I will give "news" their dues; when they first changed it was such a mess that instead of ending up with the cars classifieds, you ended up on "autobytel" which if I'd have paid for an ad in a "news" publication, I'd have demanded a refund, but they did ask for feedback which they obviously got; they did from me anyhow (the word "sux" made fequent appearances :mad: and as things changed within a day I presume that they took some notice.
Given the ongoing survival problems of the newspaper industry in recent years and the fact that most claim that advertising revenue is where they make their money and newspaper production costs is where they lose it, you'd think they'd be making access easier not more difficult.
Little wonder the Trading Post is blowing them out of the water :D

Alan S

yeah, I agree. When I was searching for my Pug, I gave up searching anywhere except the trading post.

this site in particular was very useful
<a href="http://www.autotrader.com.au" target="_blank">www.autotrader.com</a>
it searches all the tradingposts and also a few other car specific classifieds.

There are quite a lot of 505s for sale at the moment, so if anyone wants one...