Why does it have to be in the US?!!!

Haakon,

mate you should be pleased it's in the US. You see if it was local I'd have to buy for that sort of $$$. Then I'd have the problem that I don't need another car, the boss would be really p!$$ed with me, I'd feel obligated to restore it etc, etc...

What a little rippa, I never new you could get 'em with slugomatics and air-con (imagine trying to go up a hill with the air-con on, with the slugomatic :roflmao: :roflmao: ).

seeya,
Shane L.

C

The auto is a way cool piece of engineering - it uses an elctromagnetic clutch with ferrite particles or something (similar to what Dauphines used I think), running a conventional 3 speed manual box with electromagnetic actuators to change gears controled by what would have to be the first transmission computer ever. There was something about the ferrite particles making more current as engine speed rose that told the trans when to change or something - its been too long since I read the manual.

I so want one! :D A very interesting machine - early front with a later rear, Solex twin throat carb (US only), tandem brake system (US only), AC (never heard of that on an R10 - an old piston type compressor - you would have to get out and push with that on :D ),

And all in orginal rust free condition for a give away price :cry:

Its like the original low miles silver R21 Turbo Quadra with AC for sale in the UK for 1200 quid. Not bloody fair :(

If you are really keen on that R10 with Troublematic Jaeger Clutch, contact Peter Leahy of Roly Leahy Custom Imports at the Gold Coast (07) 5537 5288. Apparently this guy can organise transport and import of cars from the US, and has brought in cars for clients purchased on Ebay. If they are contacted prior to bidding they outline all the ins/outs and costs. So it may be worth a go even just for info purposes.

The above info is ripped from Unique Cars 2004 Value Guide attached to the Feb 2004 Unique Cars mag.

Americans, they have to put airconditioning in everything don't they. I guess that A/C might not be seen as a luxury in Texas but a necessity.
(Then again, Brisbane is around 5 degrees closed to the equator then Dallas Texas, maybe I need A/C).

Ren
:cheers:

Ren

R10 automatic....mmmmm very nice indeed.:dance: Did any of these cars out here by chance?
I love the R10 its a great car. Very comfy ,very retro.
That system was very advanced for its day Id imagine. Can anyone explain it in laymons terms for me please?(being obsessed by autos and all....);)

Simon said:
If you are really keen on that R10 with Troublematic Jaeger Clutch, contact Peter Leahy of Roly Leahy Custom Imports at the Gold Coast (07) 5537 5288. Apparently this guy can organise transport and import of cars from the US, and has brought in cars for clients purchased on Ebay. If they are contacted prior to bidding they outline all the ins/outs and costs. So it may be worth a go even just for info purposes.

The above info is ripped from Unique Cars 2004 Value Guide attached to the Feb 2004 Unique Cars mag.

Deep sigh... Unfortunatly its all pipe dreams :rolleyes: If I win Tatts on Saturday, I will have it in a flash, but I already have an R21 to put back on the road, the R25 to convert to a manual, my other R21 will need the new engine/trans transplanted in soon and I have a full time job which barely pays for the aformentioned and rent. :D :mallet:
I will have a perfect round eye R10 one day, but not yet. I would so love that one though - so unique and I could leave it LHD here. I hope its buyer appreciates and looks after it. ;)

Simon said:

Texas.. Well there is a roll-on/roll-off terminal in houston, but that
won't work for this car without some local work.

Getting it to say LA or Oakland will be expensive and it will be a container
job once it gets there.

Been there, done that (inexpensive cars from the US as a private import),
can't recommend it.

If you *really* want to do this Haakon, contact me off-line. I have (british) car friends in Texas who would likely to be willing to help. Over there (well here since I'm in California as I type this), all the classic "foreign imports" gang together more often since they are the weird guys in the land of
american iron.

This won't be true for ever though since Japanese cars have captured the minds of folks who once would have probably bought english/european cars.

Mike

Mike

A310V6 said:
Texas.. Well there is a roll-on/roll-off terminal in houston, but that
won't work for this car without some local work.

Getting it to say LA or Oakland will be expensive and it will be a container
job once it gets there.

Been there, done that (inexpensive cars from the US as a private import),
can't recommend it.

If you *really* want to do this Haakon, contact me off-line. I have (british) car friends in Texas who would likely to be willing to help. Over there (well here since I'm in California as I type this), all the classic "foreign imports" gang together more often since they are the weird guys in the land of
american iron.

This won't be true for ever though since Japanese cars have captured the minds of folks who once would have probably bought english/european cars.

Mike

Mike

Now, look - this is just not helpful! When it is an unobtainable pipedream, I can deal with it. But when you start telling me how it can be done, and start to make it look feasable, I just get really depressed because there is no way in hell I can afford to even think about it.

Thank you for your kind offer, and if I win Tatts on saturday, you'll be the first to know :D Have fun In the US!