Which one should I get?

Malhereusement, huit et dix, the joys of working on a dodgy Russian not quite Webber are something which only a Samara owner can understand. The parts are all there just a 1800 phone call away in Brisbane and on your door the next day for a reasonable price....don't be misled Daniel...these vehicles are the poor man's Holden Camira....why else did Brocky back take them on?

In detailed experimental work it has been determined that the steering lock, ignition switch, wiper and headlight switches from a Samara can easily fit a Floride, 8 and 10...the bushes for the steering column have the same outside diameter and a little creative bracket work will produce a result to be proud of. Next to do a Damien Gardiner conversion using the massively powerful 1.3 Samara motor, drive train and suspension tack welded across the engine bay of a suitable Renault 10....move over you Alpine lovers!

As for L'estelle...there is something to be said for burling around town tailgating the unwashed at high speed with ten gallons or so of petrol sitting in front of you...I guess that's why Gordinis are so popular.

Either way Daniel I reckon you'd be on a winner with either of these gems...or a Camira for that matter. a_drink

I saw a really good Brock Lada in Crown Street last week.

cheers! cheers!

BogMaster:
renault8&10:
au contraire Bogmaster!

The La Da was mainly imported in the 4x4 version with limited sedans and wagons making the trip. Spares are difficult to get and a computer is required to access the EFI ECU, the software of which only the dealers had.

There was even a Peter Brock modified version available which would be the ultimate from a collectors point of view.

Maybe a better bet would be est Co Da as these were available in more plentiful numbers although the most desirable decouverable version was not sold here (est tel if my memory serves me correctly).

What about a Pug 504? I know where there is a really good project car for sale that will keep you amused for ages and will result in a very nice and rare fuel injected automatic 504 with a factory sunroof and A/C!!

danielsydney:
I want a small car actually now that i think of it the 16 is too large. What do people think of the R4? Are they easy to get your hands on? What others can people (sensibly)suggest?
I think we are starting to lose the plot when we get into CXs and 504s, after all he is driving an R-19 at present so if we keep going we'll end up suggesting he gets the 504 with the V8 fitted....Now THERE'S an idea Daniel eek! eek! whip
What every young fella needs to cut through Sydney traffic clown black_ey

Alan S :D

BTW, Had any ideas that appeal to you??

I think the Citroen GS club is a good entry level car into the citroen side of french marques. I love the look of the little gs too.

Daniel,

The Citroen is a good idea. You may also want to consider the following. A friend told me there is a very nice looking R12 sedan at a dealers yard in Windsor, that is low mileage, one owner type of vehicle.

Do a search in the Trading post for R12's I saw it advertised today, but haven't seen the car in question. They want about $1500 for it from memory. You would only have to wait a few years (depending on the year model it must be >30 yrs for club plates) and it would be eligible for Concessional rego and by the sound of it doesn't need extensive body or mechanical work - I don't think you are really looking for a project car, just something to potter about in.

However, if a project car is still your liking, I still have an R10 for sale for a reasonable price.

Daniel, I cant really offer any insight as I know just a bit less than nothing, except to say I just looked up the GS as I had no idea what it was, and its got to be one of the best looking cars going. Thats about as deep as I get. I'd drive one no matter how bad they were and they sound OK by what everyone else has said.