Which oil and spark plugs for 207 gti

He said it's $400 for oil, oil filter and Spark plugs. He will also top up the diff fluid for me as some leaked out while we were installing the springs. Was thinking just doing it so it's all done and I can enjoy the car once it comes out. I'm pretty inexperienced with cars too.

He said it's $400 for oil, oil filter and Spark plugs. He will also top up the diff fluid for me as some leaked out while we were installing the springs. Was thinking just doing it so it's all done and I can enjoy the car once it comes out. I'm pretty inexperienced with cars too.
If you're inexperienced and/or don't have the tools just get it done

Otherwise plugs can be had for $100, penrite C2 oil and purflux filter for $65-80... Replacing both is approx 30 mins work max (allowing for oil drain).

Only special tools needed are 27mm socket to remove the plastic filter cover and the spark plug tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah inexperienced AND don't have the tools haha. Will do it this time just got convenience. Thanks for all the help. Will report back once it's all sorted :))

If i run some Subaru Upper Cylinder Cleaner the night before the car goes in for service and timing chain, is that ok?
It doesn't have to be done literally minutes before the oil change right? The night before is ok?

Yeah just watched someone on YouTube do it looked pretty manageable

Build up a few tools, etc. You don't need an Ed China garage set-up. Just buy the tools you need for your 207 as they come along. eBay is great for that. Then you can do service items more frequently only at the cost of filters and fluids.

Time for an oil change on your manual transmission also, and yes soon after, new dampers/shocks.

If you plan to keep your gti, the items above are well worth it. Budget for it.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/135660-shock-absorbers-redux.html

YouTube has so much great info, as you are finding out.

I'll be doing the tranny oil change on my RCZ next week. Looks fun. :jiggy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isGgD9wb7-w

I use only Redline MT-90 tranny oil.

https://www.redlineoil.com/mt-90-75w90-gl-4-gear-oil

Last edited:
I'd use some proper BMW LL01 oil and forget about the famous oil consumption of these engines.
Low ash oils simply cannot cope with the heat these engines generate.
Some of the problems are:
oil vapors sticking on the intake valves
oil sludge blocking the turbo lubrication pipe among others.
These problems are both costly and time consuming to cure.

I'd use some proper BMW LL01 oil and forget about the famous oil consumption of these engines.
Low ash oils simply cannot cope with the heat these engines generate.
Some of the problems are:
oil vapors sticking on the intake valves
oil sludge blocking the turbo lubrication pipe among others.
These problems are both costly and time consuming to cure.

Yeah nah

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time