which bridgstone is it?

bazgti

Fellow Frogger
does anyone know what the model of bridgstone tyres are that you get on the new subuaru wrx sti 2004 model.they come standard with the car and are semi slick type.-BAZZ

According to the Subaru website it's running RE070s...

Not sure what R compounds you mean, I'd assume they are RE540s.

RE070 carries a treadwear rating of 140 making them touch hard for a true semi-slick tyre (dunlop DO1J 80, Yokies A032R 60, Toyo RA1 40) but a lot softer then the Bridgestone B530 (commodore SS OEM tyres) which have a rating of 240.

not sure of compound?,actually it was a 2004 sti,not a 2005 sti as i previously thought.
the owner said they were rated a 300km/hr.it wouldnt want to be raining though as there wasnt much tread pattern being a semi slick.-BAZZ

bazgti said:
not sure of compound?,actually it was a 2004 sti,not a 2005 sti as i previously thought.
the owner said they were rated a 300km/hr.it wouldnt want to be raining though as there wasnt much tread pattern being a semi slick.-BAZZ

Road legal R compounds which look like a semi slick aren't any worse than a regular tyre in the wet, from what I've heard. They have enough basic channels to get rid of the water, but it's the compound doing the work to repel the water. The harder the compound the longer the wear and the more prone to aqua planing, hence the increase in grooves... although, even then the groove designs are dictated by marketing still.