Where's the thermostat in a 205?

Cubits

Fellow Frogger
I want to be able to drive my car before the haynes manual gets here, so could someone direct me to the location of the thermostat in the 205?

Hopefully a saucepan test of that will show that its broken and my mind can be put to rest on the subject of my rampant engine temps yesterday.

Cubits said:
I want to be able to drive my car before the haynes manual gets here, so could someone direct me to the location of the thermostat in the 205?

Hopefully a saucepan test of that will show that its broken and my mind can be put to rest on the subject of my rampant engine temps yesterday.

The 205 GTI? The thermostat is on the right-hand-end of the engine (standing in front of car) in front of the distributor. May be hidden under your factory rubber air intake duct. Follow the main section of the radiator top hose (near right headlight) from the radiator to the top of the engine and it's inside that outlet on the side of the engine - two 13mm bolts if I recall correctly...

(If you're interested, the cooling fans thermostat (or thermoswitch as it is called), that's threaded into the radiator underneath where the top hose connects to the inlet - has 3 pins for its plug...)