Where to buy - wheel covers for dirty tyres

killer toad

Fellow Frogger
I'm looking for some wheel covers for when driving to & from the track.

It isnt really an issue for the suburban tracks, since I dont spend more than 40 mins or so in the car.

I have to put the rear seats down to fit all 4 of my race tyres in the back and am not all that keen on having the brake dust and myself together in the car, sharing the same air for 3+ hours on the way back from Benalla.

I would think that any motor trimmer could make up a set of vinyl covers easily, and just use velcro to put the two ends of the vinyl together once around the wheel.

Supercheap or Autobarn.. will sell covers to suit small 4WDs, they have an elasticised opening and should fit your racing wheels.... might have to put up with silly slogans printed on them though :rolleyes:

Cheers
Chris

Didnt even think about small 4WD tyre covers at Supercheap etc... Probably cost more than getting it custom made with vinyl & velcro as suggested by Alan but I'll check up on both suggestions.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Could I simply suggest some big garbage bags :confused: :confused: :confused: ...

These will atleast be air tight and disposable...

The elasticised covers are open on one side, which will kinda defeat the purpose...

Actually it would be a good idea to store the tyres in the garbage bags when you get home too – light and oxygen deteriorate rubber