Where are the R25 Baccara's?

Haakon

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Does anyone know where one of these rare (in Oz) cars is? I know a few got sold here, must be some left surely.

Luke drady from the ACT puts messages on here and he is an expert on all things 25...
They are a great car though..

There was one (maroon 25 Bacarra) for sale at the 1998 Vic FCD. However only a handful were sold new (15ish ?). The unsold ones making a trip over to NZ.

Hi All

My favourite R25 eh.

There were 20 V6 Baccara's and Monaco's imported into Aus in 1990. They sold 14 of them in Aus (some were Baccara and the others Monaco), the other 6 were shipped to NZ.

Of the 14, one Monaco was written off by a Tram in Melbourne not long after it was sold!

I was going to purchase an immaculate silver Baccara with Tan leather 2 years ago. I even had my ticket to Melbourne to pick it up, when I got a call from the guy who owned it saying that the gearbox had just blown. Thus after that I could not convince my wife to part with the large sum of money.

That car was sold about a year later after a gearbox rebuild to someone.

There was a rather tatty Monaco for sale a few years back, but I could not get my hands on it. I would say that of the 14 cars, there is probably only 5 or 6 Baccara versions, as they were a good 10,000 grand dearer!

Hope this helps

Cheers

Luke

PS - that makes two Baccaras that I have officially heard of in Aus - a Maroon and a Silver! and 1 Monaco.

Luke, do you have any idea about how2 many 95/96 Lagunas were sold? (V6 and RXE)

Good question R17g i saw one in Newtown in sydney today and was wondering the same.