Wheels Wanted

Jeff

Fellow Frogger
I am looking for mags, maybe the later release of the 205 mags, or any other decent mags besides the standard 405 mag. Any help will be muchly appreciated. email me on jeffreym@au1.ibm.com

Hi Jeff,

The series 2 mags are getting rare now, New Zealand wrecking yards have quite a few but the demand has risen for these rims, hence, so has the price ($1000 NZ for 4 + shipping).

Andreas found 2 sets in NSW (?) that were going for $800 to $1000, dunno if they are still available, but the 405 and the 205 have different offsets (I know, I wanted Mi-16 15 inchers for my 205 and they wont fit),
so you may bneed to go aftermarket.

I think Northshore Rally may have a few sets to choose from, Nick (peugeot)from these pages may be able to shed more light on the availability of these for you.

Chipper

thanks chipper

i went to an metal engineering workshop today and found out that new re-drilled studs can be done on the 405(maybe 205).
Cost about $500.00 for all 4. I thought "cool" now i will be able to get a common 4*100 mag. WRONG, as i know now there are only about 5 mags that will fit this due to the offset being way 'off'(normal).
However ROH make a wheel named ZS which is a 5 spoke semi-dish mag for the 405, without any mods. Cost per rim from Bob Jane $255.00.

By the way , why do you want 405 mags? the 205 series II look much better.

thanks
regards jeff

Hiya Jeff,

Chipper was getting desperate, it's near impossible to find a set of the speedlines,
let alone at a decent price.
i know you can get 16" wheels for 405's pretty easily, but there are also very limited options.
Nick who has just started PugAction can get Wolfrace wheels in pug fitment.

so tell us more about the hub conversion, i know overseas it happens alot, especially in Indonesia.
they can either go to 4 x 100 or 4 x 114 from memory, with their kits.
i've been considering it for show use, just need to a cheap set of 19" wheels that i like first....at a reasonable price LOL

Jeff,

What about a set of simmons
They are not cheap but are the best quality
They are serial coded for security
3 peice design
I had 16inch by nine wide on my last car
with pirelli pzero $4000 for alloys and
best tyres
They will custom make for any car thats the good thing of modular rims
I am saving up they wont cost u as much as my old set as my tyres were worth $515 each
alone

Dont bother to stuff around with stud patters and offsets

Murat

Jeff,

Andreas was right, I was getting desperate
smile.gif

Nar, I saw a black 205GTi on www.205gti.com with a set of 15 inch Mi-16 rims in a gold/bronze color and they look s#!t hot i reckon, so I thought they may be a little easier to get than the series 2 205 rims....but alas, they have a different offset
frown.gif

Never mind, I think I am just going to save up so I can get the rims, tyres and brakes upgraded in the one go, and be done with it.

Cheers

Chipper

Hello all,

I have finally found some mags, from AGR Tyres and wheels in Sefton, Sydney. They are Remotec 15*7. They look quite nice. Once I get they one ( this thursday or friday ) I'll try to get a pic, but I would like to lower it first. The question I have now is , I need help in lowering a 405 cheaply. But I still want the comfortable ride from driving a pug.

Answers:

Murat- thanks for advice, simmons are too expensive for me. I am getting the above mags with tyres ( new ) for $1000.00.

Andreas- The engineer is able to re-do the stud pattern, but the problem we will face still is with the offset. The fix for this, is a spacer is needed, and this is illegal in oz. ? where did you get your mags from?.

Chipper- good luck with finding mags. At www.auto-extreme.com there are about 100 205 pics. The auto wreckers at the UK must have some lovely items we want, ie mags, body kits. Hmmmmm, how do we get them over here???

Question: need help with lowering. Easy job? I want it cheap, but not cutting springs cheap. well maybe! also help with shocks?

thanks

regards jeff

also there are 2 quite good euro wreckers up here is sydney. I will get their phone numbers next time for any of you that needs bits and pieces. peugeot they got quite alot, sorry not sure about the other french cars.

cya

Cheers for the link Jeff.

Nick from PugAction has also suggested to me that the mags I was looking at are indeed available in the correct offset for a 205GTi (does happy dance), but $1000 for new mags and tyres, you have done well by the sounds of it. Was that for 4 or 5?

At 1 pound = 33c, the UK wreckers can keep their bits i say
wink.gif
I need to find out how to get bits out of NZ, and I am planning a trip over there within the next 12 months, so may be able to snag some good bits whilst there
smile.gif
smile.gif
and at $1 aussie dollar = $1.20 NZ, I know where my dosh is going
biggrin.gif

Shocks : I have put adjustable koni's in my 205, but they were close to a grand. My suggestion is to get the stock items rebuilt as Peugeot put a lot of effort into the design, so I have been told anyway. May be a cheaper option than replacement items.

Chipper

P.S. Dont chop your springs or we will have to hunt you down and kill you
biggrin.gif
(j/k)

[This message has been edited by Chipper (edited 05 June 2001).]

I think new factory shocks for the front of my Mi16 were approx. $170 ea. I know it cost me around $600 to do the lot. That included new strut bearings etc. Mine were getting on though. How far have yours done? They take a long time to wear out.

If you're looking for cheap springs, aussie made versions may be your best bet. Take a factory spring to a spring maker, Lovells, Whiteline etc. Tell them how much lower and how much stiffer, and part with the dollars. I'd expect $200+ for the pair. As for the back, it just needs some spanner work.

Hello all,

Chipper: dont worry i wont cut the springs, i'll just take them out completely and ride on the bump stops. NOT. hehehehehehe... i think what peter said might be an option???

Peter: is yours a red mi16??? I live in parra as ( nth ) as well. i have seen quite a nice mi16 at carlinford once, red, after market mags, muffler job etc. i might shop around to see about getting the springs redone. i'll see what happens. i'll be getting my mags tomorrow, yepee.

cya

chipper there are only 4 mags.

Jeff,

Hahahaha.....just like a mini hey?
smile.gif

I reckon Peter's idea is a great one, that way you get to custom make them to your requirements. Must remember that tip.

Chipper
smile.gif

hello,

Chipper: did you find any good pics at www.auto-extreme.com???

there are quite some nice pugs, heh! Do a search on 405 on all the mods and all shows, you will get only 16 pics of the 405. The one i want is the last one on the first page (#10), my current baby will turn out like that ( i hope ). its the black one, deep dish mags, on top of a yellow mat. excuse me, i have printed out the car picture , i just need to go to the toliet now, be back in a few minutes.
thats better, i really want that car.

peter: you stated that i can do something to the rear with a spanner to lower the car??????? can you tell me how. thanks.

All: at auto-extreme.com there are 378 pics on renault, 460 pics on peugeot and 236 pics on citroen.

cya

Mine is a grey '89 with lots of pepper marks, thanks to the previous owner. I work at Nth Parramatta, live at Castle Hill.

To drop the back, make some dummy shocks from telescopic tubes that can be adjusted and locked in length.

Fit the dummy shocks, then remove the torsion bars.

Lower the car by adjusting the shocks.

Refit the torsion bars and lock up tight, replace the shocks.

I'm not sure if yours is Mi16 or other. If its other, you could try buying a 2nd hand Mi16 torsion bar. They're larger in diameter, thus stiffer. If you want stiffer than Mi16, you'd have to import one from Europe. Big dollars.

Jeff,

Nice looking bit of black Mi-16 there mate , i hope you can make yours look like that one
smile.gif

Mind you, I like the look of the exhaust on the 405 #7 as well
smile.gif
waaay fat
biggrin.gif

Chipper

did you notice the wheels on #10, they're 5 stud, different hubs, brakes etc = $$$
anyone see #14, you can just see a corner of my rear spoiler on it!
I like the front of #15 myself, i like the motor even more, T16!!!

Chipper, nah not really, almost given up on the idea.
I've spent too much on the car lately and i have to keep it for a while to justify the cost.
*When* the time comes for a new engine/car it will be a turbo, not necessarily a turbo from the factory though.