Wheels bolts

downtown

Tadpole
Tadpole
Used supplied wheel brace to remove wheel bolts only to find that they had been over tightened (checked used torque wrench) 130Nm. Used socket and breaker bar to remove bolts, however the anti-thief bolt was a worry as if one had got a puncture, it may have rounded off using the supplied Peugeot adaptor.

I found the angle of the Peugeot wheel brace may cause problems using the anti-thief adapter when used by a person with limited mechanical knowledge (no disrespect to my wife and son.)

I than decide to replace all four anti-thief bolts and torqued bolts to 100Nm.

The replacement bolts where SWAG brand supplied by supplied by Sparesbox $4.95 each free postage.

It seems that anti thief bolts/nuts are an issue for many car brands, is this an issue with Peugeots.

Extremely common nightmare. The general advice here is to get rid of them. Soon.

My understanding is that 90Nm is used for the alloys.

PS: Dealer parts depts are used to purchases of four wheel bolts.

Last edited:
you should be able to find wheel bolts at a lot of the wreckers too. they seem to be a common bolt across a lot of the PSA range (infact look to be the same as the Citroen CX wheel bolts from the mid '80s)

you should be able to find wheel bolts at a lot of the wreckers too. they seem to be a common bolt across a lot of the PSA range (infact look to be the same as the Citroen CX wheel bolts from the mid '80s)
Yes of course, however you never know what use they have had and if they have been over torqued many times.

Extremely common nightmare. The general advice here is to get rid of them. Soon.

My understanding is that 90Nm is used for the alloys.

PS: Dealer parts depts are used to purchases of four wheel bolts.
Thanks for that. I checked service box and the torque is 100Nm for alloys.

I purchased a set of wheels with bolts for the boss womens 407 years ago. This give your 12 proper bolts (as I throw away the anti-theft ones). I don't think have any left. The 4 bolts onto the 407, they also fitted the RCZ ... so 4 bolts onto that. I think they fitted the Citroen C2 as well... so the last 4 bolts went onto that. Its excellent when a manufacturer standardises on the simple stuff! :)

I don't use a torque wrench to tighten the wheels. I run them down gently with a rattle gun (or speed bar) then use whatever bar is in the car to do the final tightening. If you use the cars wheel brace to tighten the wheel bolts, it should also be able to loosen them.

the poogoe has a really good wheel brace. It isn't an angle, so the boss women should be able to stand on it to loosen the bolts (she never will though, she's just ring me and tell me its my fault her car has flat tyres and get there now and fix it :mad::blackeye: :ROFLMAO:

My torque was for C5 wheels. Service box is the authority.

Even 100Nm is FT. I only do my 205 race car bolts to 80Nm. I’m pretty sure you’re past the yield point at 105Nm with M12x1.25.