Whats This

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
The paint that the chassiss on the CX and DS is painted with Maroon and tough is it anything special and does it have a colour code .Its a bit difficult to remove a bit of the chassiss for colour matching .I'd like to repaint all the rusty greasy frame and suspension towers with nice shiney new paint :confused: any help would be appreciated . I'm presently drowning in removed proof cote and allthe other crap that a car collects on its unmentionables over nearly twenty years and yes more rust has been found :cry: :cry: :cry:

The DS is easy 'cos it's just black. You mean the brown'ish colour of the front frame on a CX :confused:

The brake accumlator housing is painted this colour I think. You should be able to pull that off and get it colour matched.

seeya,
Shane L.

Thanks

Looking at a 74 DS today it seemed that the front rails thru to bumper were the same paint ? Is the chassis under the CX originally proof coted or just the wheel arches and floor pans.It seems with lots of degreaser and detergent that the front frame of the CX was just left in this Brown Maroon enamel and all the hydraulic lines and connectors are different pretty colours . No such luck at the back all rusty :cry: :cry: looks like I might need to become a hydraulic plumber Its starting to frightenb me off these series 2 import CX's their bodies are not made for neat rust repair and its in all the nasty spots twin and triple skin panels :eek: