What music are you listening to?

shibuichi

the album version is an old favourite; 'dandies are never unbuttoned' too
I’m gonna feel bad next time I see Dave Graney at the supermarket* if I don’t tell you all what the King of Pop says weekly on his radio show https://www.rrr.org.au/explore/programs/banana-lounge-broadcasting

If you’re paying for music streaming or buying digital albums choose Bandcamp, which Dave calls “the ethical streaming service”, as they pay the musicians better rates than other streaming services. Their pandemic special on the first Friday of each month pays the musician even better than the everyday rate.

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-fridays-2021

*yes, that’s a thing that happens and he’s always sharply dressed

okalford

1000+ Posts
Unfortunately all the videos posted in this thread have become unavailable. Is everyone finding that or could it be a browser or settings thing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 11.28.01 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 11.28.01 am.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 27

shibuichi

Unfortunately all the videos posted in this thread have become unavailable. Is everyone finding that or could it be a browser or settings thing?
Yep... same problem here on two different browsers and all forum threads I’ve viewed this morning too.

shibuichi

What music has she been listening to?
I think mum has been streaming ABC Jazz and classics during lockdown.
I should point out that it’s her vinyl I grew up listening to - Beatles, Kirk, Hendrix, Brubeck. Whenever I asked what some album was, mum would say “play it and find out”. Great mum; definitely cultivated my diversity of listening.
Only problem was Dad always complained about the volume being too loud when she listens to Morphine ....or the Stephen Cummings album Firecracker.
And my mum would tell you all to watch Baby Driver (see Netflix; the cars aren’t French but it’s still fun and the music’s used to great effect).
Mum’s also a legend for telling dad “why bother test driving a Japanese car? You’re just going to buy French anyway.” (I’m pretty sure he wanted to test drive an alternative to prove buying another pug was right.)
🤣👍

shibuichi

Hocus Pocus by Focus
(Scene from Baby Driver; for my mum who owns the original vinyl and told me to watch the movie.)

Last edited:

Kim Luck

1000+ Posts

It's quite possible our host has decided to not allow copyrighted performances to be shared on this platform. The host may also have received a cease and desist notice from an organisation representing an artist, a group of artists or even a legal entity. In case you were unaware and because the videos are able to be seen by persons outside "Aussiefrogs Social Media Space" the following might apply:

"Original content, such as writing, photos and music, is protected by copyright; without obtaining permission from the owner, using the material outside of the social media space infringes copyright. Sharing music, photos and other material copyrighted by others without their permission is therefore unauthorised. It is important to keep in mind that allowing access to unauthorised materials ..."

Note that photos and drawings are also included in the list of taboo items. One of the benefits of the Toad Pond was that it's content was not available to anyone who was not a member of "Aussiefrogs Social Media Space". :)

Last edited:

Steven King

1000+ Posts
I would rather delete / not post if reasonably aware another entity might assert ownership of content ...

Last edited:

The Gonz

1000+ Posts
I doubt many here can relate a great deal but I broadcast a Spanish radio community program and lead a committee of broadcasters so that we share the load, doing a show each every four weeks.
If you pick the right week, you'll be hearing me doing the talking: https://5ebi.com.au/program/spanish/
As a consequence, I spend a lot of time raiding online radio sites picking up popular Spanish music, such as https://play.radiole.com/

shibuichi

Ry Cooder - Chavez Ravine (album)

In his final years my grandpa, who was not a Spanish speaker, got sick of hearing idiots talking trash and only listened to a California based Mexican/Spanish music radio station. He liked to “keep a mariachi band in the house” as they were much better company.