What music are you listening to?

The Gonz

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Funny how, after growing up watching the Marx Brothers, it was only very recently that I realised Arthur Marx was called Harpo for his choice of instrument!

The Gonz

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Manzanita was a bit of a reference for me for a long time as I extended my playing to singing.
That's one of the very first songs I took up. The lyrics are a beautiful narrative of secret love.
Here's the kicker: that's the late Manzanita's son following in his footsteps and in his song!
The compere goes on to mention his father above smiling down on him.

My turn to broadcast this Saturday but I have a firearms instructor refresher course this weekend, so I've prerecorded an hour of a nostalgic selection based on what I used to hear my parents playing on vinyl in the 60s.

To continue the theme, here's another Manzanita favourite of mine, easy on guitar. If some of it sounds a bit exotic, it's because the chorus is in Portuguese :p :

However, I was most captivated by this one, the very first of his I ever sang in any of my concerts:

Last edited:

Wildebeest

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Google has for me awoken a new interest in various musical genre. Some that in the past I've only lent a passing ear.
"Joe Greens" popular operas i.e. Nabucco performed by Flash Mob. A big side step then to "The Boss" Bruce Springsteen's live concert from Leipzig. His earlier co performances with Roy Orbison, the backings providing a Who's Who of rock muso's.
Reining myself in here...Our own Slim Dusty. When the Rain Tumbles Down in July. Also his adaption of Henry Lawson's Second Class Wait Here.
Enough now.