What is the 205 Christmas Tree lights all mean?

Justin B

Fellow Frogger
I saw a light on my 205 GTi tonight and I have no idea what it is.

The bottom light is blue (high beam)
The next one up indicates low beam
the one above that (green light bulb thingy) came on tonight...

What's that indicate?

THanks

Rod Hagen:
Sounds like a front fog light warning light to me.

Cheers

Rod
Well.. my fog ligts don't work.. the rear one does, but the front ones don't...

I haven't had the time to look into that yet (other issues to solve first such as clutch being done this w/end. yay!!!!)

Justin

That first light is for parkers, 205's don't have fog lights they have spot-lights, when you flick on high beam your rear fog light will turn off and the spot lights will come on, a bit of a weird french thing to do!! :confused:

Good luck with clutch..

Whoops, for some reason I thought we were talking about a 206! (Not that I'm sure about the lights on these either- the description actually reminded me of the front fog warning light on our 306XSi).

Cheers

Rod

Guys,

205's do have fog lights. Which are lights designed to cast a low and wide band of light below the drivers eye level. This, therefore, doesn't create the problem that head lights do when they reflect the light back to the driver from the moisture in the air. The ideal fog light has a seperate switch so they can be used with out the head lights.

Spot lights are an after market option (on most cars) designed to cast a spot of light (hence the name) toward it's target. Used for hunting and on emergency vehicles to find street numbers at night, etc.

And just for the record driving lights are the lights next to the head lights which are designed to cast light down the road (think country road at night). These are designed to come on with the head lights and are mainly on euro cars. They can be startling if used during the day to drivers travelling in the opposite direction.

So.... the foggies on a stock 205 should only come on only with the head light high beam and the light your talking about from memory sounds like the parking lamp. In otherwords the first twist of the stalk activates this light.

In the meantime I'll check for other warning lights in that area on my drive home.

Luca.