We're not dead yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked for the cost of replacement of a Gen 1 Leaf battery which Drive.com.au kindly provided. You originally didn't ask about labour, disposal fees and so on.

The rest of your comment is irrelevant to your original question.
I didn't ask any questions in my original post?

There was rhetorical one about "underquoting"?
Even it was said in jest, hence the 🤣 at the end?

If you're trying to be all serious and refute that one, you need to come up with a different quote from Nissan NZ to import a brand new battery from Japan and supply and fit it to a Gen 1 Nissan Leaf, simple really.🤷‍♂️

If I said a new Michelin tyre of a said size was $250 in NZ fitted and balanced with a tyre disposal fee? Would you say "that's not right" and add a link to an Australian retreading company offering retreaded Michelin cases for $50 plus "fitting costs"?

Your Nissan Leaf battery cost response has about the same "relevance" as that scenario.

2017 Megane Intens Sedan
That's great.
Is it really Euro 6 compliant?
Have you had it tested, we all know there's been some shady shit going on with European manufacturers when it comes to meeting emission standards.

Was it in stock for that long before they could sell it?
Current Australian standard, 2019 build. No different to 2022 models. The standards set down by the corrupt European Union bureaucracy have no relevance to either the health of the environment nor Australia.

I was told of the same problem first hand by a relative who had a "Leaf".
Older pensioner woman.
Car dumped.

That's great.
Have you had it tested, we all know there's been some shady shit going on with European manufacturers when it comes to meeting emission standards.
Without going into detail, Euro6, having been planned for many years, was introduced in Sept 2015 and all vehicles sold since that date in Europe have been required to comply. You might not know this but the engine in the Megane is a 1.2 litre turbocharged petrol engine with a seven speed dry-dual clutch Getrag gearbox. It allegedly produces 97kW and 136g/100km emissions which will be substantially less than any of the vehicles you drive. FYI, VW's dieselgate scandal broke in 2015, if you suspect ANYONE selling cars in Europe since then has been cheating I suspect you believe in faeries.

If you're trying to be all serious and refute that one, you need to come up with a different quote from Nissan NZ to import a brand new battery from Japan and supply and fit it to a Gen 1 Nissan Leaf, simple really.🤷‍♂️
Why - I didn't use the clickbait headline to throw fuel onto a fire?
You might not know this but the engine in the Megane is a 1.2 litre turbocharged petrol engine with a seven speed dry-dual clutch Getrag gearbox. It allegedly produces 97kW and 136g/100km emissions which will be substantially less than any of the vehicles you drive.
Seems you just like to argue the point when provided evidence that doesn't support your worldview.

Seems you just like to argue the point when provided evidence that doesn't support your worldview.
I don't see what is wrong with reducing vehicle emissions worldwide (and/or at every opportunity). Perhaps you do, in which case you are out of step with the majority of educated humanity. :)

My Apologies, old mate! I'm easily confused, these days, mainly because of the number of confusers available. I was hopefully (obviously) talking to someone else!

My Apologies, old mate! I'm easily confused, these days, mainly because of the number of confusers available. I was hopefully (obviously) talking to someone else!
No worries mate - have a good night!

You might not know this but the engine in the Megane is a 1.2 litre turbocharged petrol engine with a seven speed dry-dual clutch Getrag gearbox. It allegedly produces 97kW and 136g/100km emissions which will be substantially less than any of the vehicles you drive.
I know exactly what your Renault has.
IIRC I mentioned on a previous thread (that you were very active on) that my wife and I were looking at a new automatic 1.2L petrol turbo Renault (in 2017 funnily enough) but didn't go ahead with it because the salesmen were total flogs.
She bought a petrol turbo Nissan Juke instead.

Also on a previous thread (that you were very active on) I mentioned my wife now has a petrol Mitsubishi ASX company car. As it comes with a fuel card, free rego, free insurance and free servicing it the car of choice for almost all of our local driving and all of our longer distance travel. It's real world Co2 emission based on her average fuel consumption of 6.1L per 100kms (aren't log books wonderful) is 140g/km
I see you claim the Renault is 136g/100km but I'm guessing that is a typo on your behalf in your enthusiasm to participate on the thread?
Of course you're just (sort of) quoting a factory figure and it doesn't tell us your actual Co2 output based on your individual use.🤷‍♂️

In addition to the travel in my wife's car as already mentioned, the vast majority of my solo travel is on one of the two 125cc 4 stroke motorcycles that I own.
Both consume petrol at a rate of just under 2L per 100kms. Now I'm not a mathematician, but unless I'm mistaken that is way less Co2 per km than your gas guzzling old Renault spews out.
Both of them also run skinny 3.0" wide tyres so their toxic tyre particulate emissions would be fractional compared to your fat tyred, 4 wheeled behemoth.
Come end of life there is also less than 100kg of materials (almost entirely steel and aluminium) in each machine to recycle.
Your car will be contributing more weight than that to land fill, even the new 2023 BEV Megane is only touted as being "90% recyclable".
FYI, VW's dieselgate scandal broke in 2015, if you suspect ANYONE selling cars in Europe since then has been cheating I suspect you believe in faeries.
Mercedes recalled 774,000 vehicles in Europe alone with emission cheating devices.
Some Euro 6b versions had cheat devices installed in models manufactured up until May 2018. Here's an excerpt from the recall notice.

"With cars, the recall solely affects vehicle versions with the Euro 6b standard, the production of which was discontinued by the end of May 2018 at the latest – and in many cases significantly earlier"

Now where are those faeries?🤦‍♂️

I don't see what is wrong with reducing vehicle emissions worldwide (and/or at every opportunity). Perhaps you do, in which case you are out of step with the majority of educated humanity. :)
Can you post a quote from me where I have stated reducing vehicle emissions is a bad thing?

Call it what you like, until the $ figure stated is disproved, it stands as fact.
The "rough" estimate for a second hand battery that you linked doesn't cut the mustard.
Some of the posters on here espouse assertions based on passionate beliefs rather than on verifiable facts.🤷‍♂️
Not pointing any fingers mind you.

IIRC I mentioned on a previous thread (that you were very active on) that my wife and I were looking at a new automatic 1.2L petrol turbo Renault (in 2017 funnily enough) but didn't go ahead with it because the salesmen were total flogs.

Also on a previous thread (that you were very active on) I mentioned my wife now has a petrol Mitsubishi ASX company car. As it comes with a fuel card, free rego, free insurance and free servicing it the car of choice for almost all of our local driving and all of our longer distance travel. It's real world Co2 emission based on her average fuel consumption of 6.1L per 100kms (aren't log books wonderful) is 140g/km
I see you claim the Renault is 136g/100km but I'm guessing that is a typo on your behalf in your enthusiasm to participate on the thread?
Of course you're just (sort of) quoting a factory figure and it doesn't tell us your actual Co2 output based on your individual use.🤷‍♂️

In addition to the travel in my wife's car as already mentioned, the vast majority of my solo travel is on one of the two 125cc 4 stroke motorcycles that I own.
Both consume petrol at a rate of just under 2L per 100kms. Now I'm not a mathematician, but unless I'm mistaken that is way less Co2 per km than your gas guzzling old Renault spews out.
Both of them also run skinny 3.0" wide tyres so their toxic tyre particulate emissions would be fractional compared to your fat tyred, 4 wheeled behemoth.
Come end of life there is also less than 100kg of materials (almost entirely steel and aluminium) in each machine to recycle.
Your car will be contributing more weight than that to land fill, even the new 2023 BEV Megane is only touted as being "90% recyclable".

Mercedes recalled 774,000 vehicles in Europe alone with emission cheating devices.
Some Euro 6b versions had cheat devices installed in models manufactured up until May 2018. Here's an excerpt from the recall notice.

"With cars, the recall solely affects vehicle versions with the Euro 6b standard, the production of which was discontinued by the end of May 2018 at the latest – and in many cases significantly earlier"

Can you post a quote from me where I have stated reducing vehicle emissions is a bad thing?
Is there a formula for calculating the CO2 and methane emissions of the driver? Do they increase with fast driving? Or near misses? Can the toxicity of the driver be altered by fuel inputs?

Is there a formula for calculating the CO2 and methane emissions of the driver? Do they increase with fast driving? Or near misses? Can the toxicity of the driver be altered by fuel inputs?
Interesting concept, if a method could be devised you could probably calculate the Co2 output from those who are prone to hyperventilating while posting on internet forums as well.🤔

Hi.

I am confident that the trajectory of this thread is going to be quite predicable.

The usual suspects won't be able to self-regulate their behaviour.

I will not be contributing to this thread whilst this behaviour manifests.

Cheers.

Hi.

I am confident that the trajectory of this thread is going to be quite predicable.

The usual suspects won't be able to self-regulate their behaviour.

I will not be contributing to this thread whilst this behaviour manifests.

Cheers.

It seems you are also unable to self regulate. Your contribution has been most helpful.

It's a pleasure to deal with well run ag spare parts operations that can still supply for machines made forty years ago. Unfortunately usually run by old style parts men who have no replacements when they retire.
I was at a large auto-electricians yesterday and the young parts guy didn't know what a festoon bulb was.
I said, "do you have glass fuses"?
When he said yes, I said "well a festoon bulb looks like that but a bit fatter and the metal caps on the ends are pointy"?👍
Young guy: crickets and a vacant stare.
He ended up taking me into the storeroom and I found them myself.🤷‍♂️

It is evident that you have had all your vehicles emissions tested and verified by independent laboratories, n'est-ce pas?

It is evident that you have had all your vehicles emissions tested and verified by independent laboratories, n'est-ce pas?
Of course not, I would say probably no private vehicle user has.
But when it comes to Co2 there is a clear correlation between fuel consumption and Co2 output.
I could have thrown my Berlingo's claimed Co2 output in there as well but unfortunately in the real world its actual petrol usage in no way shape or form supports the manufacturer's Co2 output claims.

I have to confess I went the long way to town this morning on one of my 125cc bikes.
Not the best for the environment I know, but nature is in overdrive at the moment with trees and wildflowers in full bloom, and wildlife galore on the winding back roads. (Also fewer idiots to deal with).
I still only used 1/3 of the fuel that I would of used taking my most economical car the direct route, so forgive me, but I don't feel too much of an environmental vandal.🤷‍♂️

It's aircooled, so no toxic coolants to deal with.
No AC, so no CFCs leeching into the atmosphere
(CFCs are up to 9000 times worse than Co2 as a greenhouse gas).
900ml oil changes.
It's newer than it looks (2016), so it's EGRd and catalysed.

I stopped for a coffee at a country cafe on the way home.
Isn't she beautiful.😍

20221116_092637.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.