Weber carby on Renault's query

Gordini61jr

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,
Does anyone know if Weber carbies were used on Renault Dauphine Gordini's in the 60s? Were they made available in the 60s when the Dauphine and Dauphine Gordini was introduced?
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Liam Nuske

Don't think so Liam, but then what about the 1093 cars I wonder? My R1091 factory manual lists only the Solex 32PIBT "since 1960".

I imagine there's a Facebook page in France to be found, and the Renault Classic Car Club in UK has a FB page too.

Of course many tuners/modifiers would have used them and made appropriate manifolds - Ferry, Autobleu etc

Be interesting to see who replies.

Hope all's well in your camp. Cheers

I've just got a new weber for my gordini to replace my worn out solex 32 pibt. the 34 ict will fit the flange and should adapt fairly easily throttle linkage wise. Picking up from post office in the morning so will let you know how it fits.

No issues fitting the Weber. The Solex throttle cam fits straight on the Weber shaft which is handy.

For reference my 1093 manual says Solex Type 30 PAIA - 3. Would need a different manifold or adaptor to fit that on though even if you could find one.

Hi Liam,

You are able to fit a weber 32 ICB1 to a dauphine Gordini manifold very easily. These carburetors were standard on Simca 1100s.

Simca 1100carbfullsi19.jpg

Regards

David

I've just got a new weber for my gordini to replace my worn out solex 32 pibt. the 34 ict will fit the flange and should adapt fairly easily throttlelinkage wise. Picking up from post office in the morning so will let you know how it fits.
Hi. I'm having trouble getting parts for my Solex 32 and thinking of installing a Weber. Could you please send me the exact Weber model number that worked on your Gordini?

Liam,The Weber carburettor for a Dauphine was not much better than the single choke Solex. Weber did not really have a commercial twin choke yet. The performance units for the 1093, were the special accessory inlet/exxhaust combination manifold in the parts books, as in the pictures. The carburettor for this unit was a Solex twin choke which was also in the parts book. This carb is very rare today, and if one could find one it would be rather worn I would suspect. If i am correct the base is the same as a current Weber twin down draft, as would be found on an R12 or R16TS.

The inlet/exhaust would be very rare in Australia, but in the UK they should be much easier to obtain. Try Facebook, Renault Classic Car Club, Duncan Topliss, or Brian Whiteside. They would be able to advise.

Dauph 1093 manifold 2.jpgDauph 1093 manifold 3.jpgDauph 1093 manifold.jpg

Anyone wanting to know about these Solex PM me as I have quite a lot of PDF material & manuals related to them, to share. JG.