Wanted to buy - 203 parts

Dano

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
First up, I am still looking for a set of front 1&1/4 inch wheel cylinders and pistons suitable for re-sleeving.

Spoke to a re-sleever I use up this way and he recommends not trying to machine out 1&1/8th cylinders, because in his opinion, the cylinder walls are too thin.

Secondly, does anyone have one of these or know of one.

attachment.php

It is a column mounted ignition switch for the early 203's. Belle being an early '55 'C' did not come with a ignition key/lock, as demonstrated in the image from the owner's instruction manual. Well she does, but it is some tacked on thing that was hanging below the dash when I found her. She also has the push/pull contact switch and the 'D' button (de.marreur) pull starter cable. A very mismatched set up I am lead to believe.

attachment.php

It does not need to have the lock/switch or key, just the mounting block will do. Although, a lock and key would be a bonus. There are plenty of lock/switches on EBay, that could be adapted.
Alternatively, if someone has one in their car, would you please send a return message with the actual dimensions on the drawing in the top left of the photo above. I could then use them as a guide to manufacture/replicate one. Making one should not be too difficult.

Please PM me if you can help either way.

Cheers,

Dano

Attachments

• lock.png
    lock.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
  • layout.png
    layout.png
    681.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Hi Dan , There was a story around that rego at the time ,deemed them to be unsafe and required their removal.

it would be interesting to know if the really early car in NZ has one fitted