Wanted - Rear Bumper for 1960 Renault Floride

1960-1092

Tadpole
Trying to get a poor old Floride back on the road after someone rear-ended mine. In need of a clean rear bumper if anyone has one ferreted away!

Hmm good luck finding one of those. While there are plenty of ferrets on AF I think the nearest place to get a good bumper would be Vietnam, they make them new in stainless steel.

It's a funny thing I was talking to a mate in Melbourne a few days ago and we were discussing what happened to the red Floride, now we know she is still around. :approve:

Hi Graham, she is still around but just needs a little panel beating! (and a bumper!) Have you got a link to the Vietnam ones at all?

I suppose while I'm looking for hen's teeth if anyone has a rear orange indicator lense I am after one of those as well (somehow the red brake light cover survived intact!). I know I can buy complete units online, but it seems a bit wasteful when I just need the lower lense.

That's the one John! Some idiot ran up the back of her. Not too serious, but annoying. Pretty much have tracked down all the parts I need, just bumper and the orange lense, so I would definitely take up the offer, i'll send you a PM

I bought some Vietnam bumpers for my Dauphine. They are pretty good. We had to twist and man handle them a bit to fit but ultimately they look good. Just FYI

They don't specifically list the Floride, but I have sent them an email, so thank you for that.
I was the first Guinea Pig for these some seven or eight years ago. I took a complete Caravelle bumper set with me to Vietnam , had them made , then sent back to me in Sydney. They are perfect and I can highly recommend their service.

I was the first Guinea Pig for these some seven or eight years ago. I took a complete Caravelle bumper set with me to Vietnam , had them made , then sent back to me in Sydney. They are perfect and I can highly recommend their service.
Wow. I didn't realise you'd done that Chris! Well done. :)