Fellow Frogger
Hello folks

Wanted for '79 504:

- XN performance cam

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello folks

Wanted for '79 504:

- Bonnet release catch cable - the one that runs along the front to release the drivers side latch
- Driver and passenger side front doors - rust free. (I know this is optimistic) Trim and paint not important.
- XN performance cam

Thanks
Hi Gregpug,
I have a number of bonnet release cables, some NOS, some good but used. If you can send me a picture of the required item, I'll see if I have anything that matches. Chris.

Very easy to organise something like a Wade 112 from Clive Cams in Ferntree Gully.
This profile is the easiest and most cost effective way to get 10 bhp without sacrificing drivability. Since the head will come off anyway to install the cam, give it a light skim (0.3 - 0.5mm) to increase compression ratio a bit. It will be around 9:1, which will be fine for regular pump fuel.

But check the head thickness first. Cars this age have usually been skimmed already and they suffer from pinging if the head gets too thin.
I have always instructed the engine recon guys to skim off the absolute minimum.

I've forgotten the exact specs.....I think they start out as 92.5 when new, and can comfortably be skimmed to about 91.

Can anyone confirm these numbers ?

But check the head thickness first. Cars this age have usually been skimmed already and they suffer from pinging if the head gets too thin.
I have always instructed the engine recon guys to skim off the absolute minimum.

I've forgotten the exact specs.....I think they start out as 92.5 when new, and can comfortably be skimmed to about 91.

Can anyone confirm these numbers ?
confirmed