W A N T E D : 1910-15 Peugot V Twin Motor.

Butterchurn

Tadpole
Wanted - Needed to complete vehicle: 1000cc Peugot V twin Cycle type Motor.

Round Crankcases: Cast with initials 'P F'

Similar to in configuration to below

Any information or replies gratefully recieved !

Mick: (03) 9548-3520 image.jpg

Last edited:
G'day,
how common or available are these ? Or rare if that is more suitable ..

Like the proverbial Rocking Horse shi-ite.
But you never know what peple have lying around.
It's not for me just trying to help out a nice old bloke I met today.
Motor is for the oldest registerd vetran vehicle in Victoria = 1913.
Just needs the right donk for original spec.

B

G'day,
the P F stands for Peugeot-Frères, I would imagine. :peugeot:

A complete motor seems unlikely but you never know what survives. The Peugeot motos were big sellers before WW1. Peugeot motors were also imported for other bikes.

Yes Russell, the first Morgan trike had a Vee twin PF as described in previous thread,

The first Norton to win the Isle of man TT had a PF twin

i believe a few cycle cars had similar motors as well

It is several years ago but there was a bloke in St Arnaud in Vic who had a complete single cylinder "P F engine" that he was thinking of putting into a cycle car. It was not a done deal as he had several others and was "just thinking about it". He, or the bloke that was with him (from somewhere in the back of my timy little mind) mentioned that there was a twin there as well. I cannot think of his name at the moment but I could take you to his place if I was down there. If you are any where near the place try asking Allan or his son Mark at the BP Servo if they know of him as they have an interest in rusty relics like a lot of us.
FLASH

Thanks v-much flash car 76:

Engine required is to complete the oldest registered veteran car in Victoria (1913) to original specs.

I'll pass this along to the owner. I'm just helping him out. Will refer him to AF also.

Salute' Mick.

QUOTE=Flash Car 76;1102646]It is several years ago but there was a bloke in St Arnaud in Vic who had a complete single cylinder "P F engine" that he was thinking of putting into a cycle car. It was not a done deal as he had several others and was "just thinking about it". He, or the bloke that was with him (from somewhere in the back of my timy little mind) mentioned that there was a twin there as well. I cannot think of his name at the moment but I could take you to his place if I was down there. If you are any where near the place try asking Allan or his son Mark at the BP Servo if they know of him as they have an interest in rusty relics like a lot of us.
FLASH[/QUOTE]

There was also a bloke just out of Adelaide who told me he was restoring a V-twin motorcycle and he apparently had enough bits for more than one engine (not sure if that meant one and a bit or one plus several). At the time I had a 3 1/2 hp Peugeot 500cc single motorcycle and all sorts of people would walk up and say that they had this and that but the only engine I saw was the single at St Arnaud. Geoff Nicholas has my Moto now.
FLASH

G'day,
what type of engine [if any] is in the car now? How about an early bike engine? Or, having a casting made with 'PF' included... I didn't say that. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone

The owner is very suprised at the immediate reponses I have communicated back to him & has been scouring the world basicly; so the idea of finding something locally, for him beggars belief.
But as all of us cunning old shed lurkers know things lie around & often forgotten. I cannot recall the make of car for which the engine required; but it is a cycle type car of ridiculously small dimmensions. Apparently it is currently fitted with a Melbourne copied Coventry Climax 1000cc flat twin (cited as "pathetic") which mounted by its cylinders; perhaps goes out of round.

Please see attached photos of the article required.Austral 1.jpgAustral 6.jpg

The owner is very suprised at the immediate reponses I have communicated back to him & has been scouring the world basicly; so the idea of finding something locally, for him beggars belief.
But as all of us cunning old shed lurkers know things lie around & often forgotten. I cannot recall the make of car for which the engine required; but it is a cycle type car of ridiculously small dimmensions. Apparently it is currently fitted with a Melbourne copied Coventry Climax 1000cc flat twin (cited as "pathetic") which mounted by its cylinders; perhaps goes out of round.

Please see attached photos of the article required.View attachment 34542View attachment 34543

G'day,
how about a BMW motorcycle engine, very old design, capacity ranges from 750cc to 1200cc. Reasonably reliable.

Met Bill shopping for motorcycle tyres on friday.
His pictures for I.D. purposes.
I am a former R4L & 4CV owner active under another user name; long expired since the big data crash whenever that was. Still like to drop in & secretly lust after that Bertone' masterpiece the Tractrion Avant.
( which WILL happen one day)

Bill had no idea of this forum & my role is an enabling one.
I am sure there are many here; like myself, who in the past have been assited & helped out by strangers.
(for no obvious reason besides civility & cammeraderie)
Bill has been doing his thing for nigh on half a century and is a true quiet achiver.
No harm in giving him a gee up. It is a Peugot Motor he seeks.
He had no idea this forum exsisted.

My past & present vehicles pictured: Salute' & thanks, Mick.Renault R4 Goodbye! 002.jpg
SPOOKY Friday 13th 004.jpgAUTUM CATERHAM 001.jpg

A good place to start would be to the RACV, another that may be of help is the Melb Museum History & Technology, both have dealings with very early transport, also there is a place in Castelmain Vic that may be of assistance I beleive they restore motor vehicles, also try Bendigo Museum, in the UK try the Royal auto club, any Antiqaue club in the Uk that deal with very old cars.

Good luck Tony.

National Motor Museum at Birdwood Mill in SA has a lot of old documentation and a very good motor bike collection ( hence good contacts in that world )

They may be able to put you onto somebody who knows somebody

I imagine that anything already in their collection would be tightly held

Good Luck

Andrew