Virage exhaust

Sounds good. What do they cost?
It really was fantastic John. A real hoot to drive. The one I drove was the top of the range, but for a small SUV, just over $70k in my books is ridiculous, especially for a Hyundai. It is one of the more powerful EV's with one of the better ranges but still at least $25k over in my opinion.
Now, so as not to be that naughty off topic thread hacker (oops, too late), I found my Virage sounded good with the standard rear muffler and just deleted the resonator. Just gave it a bit of a note and burble 👍

IIRC the pre-Virage 12s didn't have a resonator, they had a bit of a fart/raspberry sound to them. If you called it a "burble" you were being very kind, it was a pretty ordinary noise. Possibly the Aussie-supplied exhaust?
Mum had a '74 12GL from about 79 to 84, friends of hers had a 78 Virage and it was much quieter from outside. (I never rode in the Virage so can't comment on inside noise levels.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-192939.png
    Screenshot_20210731-192939.png
    775.3 KB · Views: 97
IIRC the pre-Virage 12s didn't have a resonator, they had a bit of a fart/raspberry sound to them. If you called it a "burble" you were being very kind, it was a pretty ordinary noise. Possibly the Aussie-supplied exhaust?
Mum had a '74 12GL from about 79 to 84, friends of hers had a 78 Virage and it was much quieter from outside. (I never rode in the Virage so can't comment on inside noise levels.)
Yes, correct, pre Virage didn't have a resonator.
It's all subjective of course, but I've always thought Renault engines did a good fart 😁 I prefer to hear them.
You probably wouldn't be amused by the sound of the exhaust on my old Virage powered R10 "Clive". He really let them rip 🤣