Virage exhaust

fregate

Tadpole
Does anyone know of a place to buy a complete exhaust system for a 1979 Renault Virage automatic in Melbourne? the whole system needs replacing as the vehicle has not been used for years and the old system has rotted away. I am hoping not to have to pay for a custom system to be made up especially for the vehicle.

I would go a custom exhaust as the new replacement are very expensive. Finding any in Oz would be difficult, timley and costly.
I had a new system (50MM) from headers all the way to a free chrome tip made with 308 stainless. cost around $650

new exhaust.jpg

Last edited:
I would go a custom exhaust as the new replacement are very expensive. Finding any in Oz would be difficult, timley and costly.
I had a new system (50MM) from headers all the way to a free chrome tip made with 308 stainless. cost around $650

[/URL][/URL][/URL]
View attachment 133469
I agree, I’ve found it to be a much cheaper option on the fuego. Theyll want you’re rotten bits for reference.

I had a full system made for my R17TS including the twin engine pipe and two mufflers. Also the flexible bit an flange like Shoji's photo and yes it was 10 years ago, but in normal steel, cost $350. Stainless a lot more I would guess.

John, I didn't know I had a Fuego!;)
I also had three joins like in the photo so it's easy to take the whole system off whenever needed (For polishing :p)
Doh! 🤦‍♂️ of course you don't 😂
Nothing to see here, moving right along 😁
Your 17 on the other hand 🤔😁

My eyes aren't the best ,but that doesn't look like a Fuego even if i squint a lot.

Aww I thought you were outing Shoji and he is about to unvail this turbo Fuego he's been hiding from us all.

Does anyone know of a place to buy a complete exhaust system for a 1979 Renault Virage automatic in Melbourne? the whole system needs replacing as the vehicle has not been used for years and the old system has rotted away. I am hoping not to have to pay for a custom system to be made up especially for the vehicle.
Hi fregate
May be too late for you but here is a new original system (without rear muffler and wouldn't be a 1.6L) Sydney area.
Has a few other older and rare Renault systems as well.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bla...-exhaust-system-suits-1975-to-1980/1277480843

To think how easy it's going to be when we dont need to install all this plumbing with an elec vehicle.

Gee Shoji, that undercarriage is amazing!

....said the actress to the Emperor.

Doesn't stainless have a more "ringy" sound?

Yeah but it won't be as much fun.
I was of that way of thinking too, until I had one of those pricey Kona EV's for a week. I have to say, to my own surprise, that I'm converted! There's huge torque and instant throttle response from stand still or at any given speed. No real range anxiety either with about 420 km range.

Very much off topic but yeah, I don't care what the energy source is, I just want a car that does that. :D Looking forward to electric hot rods!

I was of that way of thinking too, until I had one of those pricey Kona EV's for a week. I have to say, to my own surprise, that I'm converted! There's huge torque and instant throttle response from stand still or at any given speed. No real range anxiety either with about 420 km range.
Sounds good. What do they cost?