vibration in brake pedal upon stopping: xsara 1.8 16v

pugjet

SMP addict
1000+ Posts
hi guys,

just been recently given my fathers xsara 1.8 16v, and i now use it as my daily driver.

recently, upon applying brakes, there has been a vibration felt through the brake pedal, and a bad vibration felt through the steering wheel.

have not had a chance to check the car out, but have any of you got any ideas where this problem might stem from???

cheers:cheers:

Sounds like out of round brake rotors to me :disappr: On the plus side they are probably quite cheap new.

seeya,
Sahen L.

DoubleChevron said:
Sounds like out of round brake rotors to me :disappr: On the plus side they are probably quite cheap new.

seeya,
Sahen L.

hi Sahen (ahihi - nice iraqi name bro), thanks for the prompt reply! when i get the chance this week, will give it a good once over. listen, is it unsafe to be driving with "out of round" brake rotors? i mean, will it cause a mechanical failure?

and also what cause an out of round rotor?

cheers!:cheers: :cheers:

Sometimes its not that they are 'warped', just that there are deposits or uneven wear on the rotor surface. This can sometimes be improved by a series of emergency stops (90-100 to 0 as long as nobody is behind). If they aren't too thin, they may be skimmable but as Sahen the magnificent says, they don't cost much new and by the times you've had them off and on there is an argument for replacing them.

Meanwhile, braking feel is affected, but performance rather less so.

thank you Sahen, Troy O, and Trixie

thanks all for your replies.

eventually did get it checked out and unsurprisingly it is "out of round" rotors.

cheers!:cheers:

pugjet said:
thanks all for your replies.

eventually did get it checked out and unsurprisingly it is "out of round" rotors.

cheers!:cheers:

You been riding the brakes like a girl again Mr Agassi?

Oh - sorrry -some drivers have to slow down for corners a bit more than others :roflmao:

howdya figure that one out?! is it that obvious, yah?

i find men in uniform attractive, officer. next time rather than riding my brakes, i'll grant your first wish and ride you.