Very tidy looking '85 Fuego 72K

Wish them all the best, nice looking example. Covid car prices are weird.

"Covid car prices are weird."

Yes.
Any dead French car or any car is worth $1,500.
No rego, clutch stuffed or worse.
Hard to figure?

I would love that car, just quietly. The closest I got to buying one was a metallic grey one traded in at work, probably 25 years ago. Was super comfy, went really well and was a hoot to drive. I think the clutch was starting to go and I had other projects on the go at the time, plus our wholesaler wouldn't come at my insult offer 😁

I think a 3rd of the price would be more realistic, but good luck to the seller.

I think a 3rd of the price would be more realistic, but good luck to the seller.
Why are most people always quick to talk prices down. Surely a strong market is good for our hobby, moreover , where can you find any 1985 model car with 75,000 kilometres , in that condition , for less than thirteen thousand dollars? Don't confuse your unwillingness to meet the market with the value of the item. As Oscar Wilde famously said "A cynic is a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing"

I bought a red Fuego about 14 months ago for $3000. It was in above average condition for an ‘82 not restored car with 200k on it. I believe it was very good value to someone who wanted one. This was my wife’s dream car as a teenager and into her twenties.

I have spent approximately $2700 on parts and 200 hours of my labour on mine, with more to come, and it will never be as nice as this one.

I'm waiting patiently for the Alpine A106 prices to go through the roof, then I'm gonna clean up with my personal stock of windscreens. :cool:

If the best looking person in the room had a booger on their nose would they still be the best looking??

The rubbing trim is that booger...wrong trim, wrong location on the fold, and extending beyond the wheel arches.

Jo

Pretty sure he has got one too many zeros on the end...??

Or else it has some hidden drugs cash under the seat.? There are a lot of pics with Police signs very obvious..........

Last edited:
This was my Fuego. Overall, a nice car, let down by a previous fire in the engine bay unfortunately. I was the third owner. The paint is mostly original.