Venturi Fetish

zykyra

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Check this out. I knew they had this as a concept car but didnt realise it had gone into production. Expensive, but what a looker. Supposedly the Worlds 1st proper electric supercar! I have always had a soft spot for Venturi's & hopefully this may see its way to OZ someday, however unlikely.

http://www.gizmag.com.au/go/3889

Read about this a while ago. I admire their efforts, but seriously... what a pointless car. $600k, 0-100 in ~5secs and get this: a range of only 350kms.

I seriously hope they can succeed commercially though as its great to see new things been tried given how crowded supercar making seems to be these days. But I can't help but wonder if they may have been more successful going for a diesel or something like the Peugeot concept cars from a few years ago.

Still love the Atlantique though, very disappointed it was removed from the Gran Turismo series!

a very intresting car i'd still be cautisous of it though as i think i'd still prefer a standard combustion engine if not for anything other then the sound :blackeye:

honestly though, for a high performance car 350km's isn't bad, and i can think of a few cars that wouldn't be able to claim that on a tank of fuel so i don't really see what people are complaining about, and as for the speed it can do, on the road when are you ever going to need to do more then 170km/h ??

But for the fact that it costs $600k, then maybe i'd agree with you.

renaulturbo said:
How would it sound when accelerating hard?

A bit like a Tram on steroids? :D

Could the Shwoooosh really substitute the Vrooooom?

exactly what i was trying to say :roflmao: and reason why i wouldn't trade in my combustion engine for an electric one. Maybe they'll put speakers in the engine bay of electric cars in the future so that they sound like combustion engined cars :joker:

Ah well... at least it can't go out out of tune anymore :blackeye:

orestes said:
exactly what i was trying to say :roflmao: and reason why i wouldn't trade in my combustion engine for an electric one. Maybe they'll put speakers in the engine bay of electric cars in the future so that they sound like combustion engined cars :joker:

Ah well... at least it can't go out out of tune anymore :blackeye:

You know, theyll probably do something of the sort as we do rely on hearing initially before looking if a car is coming when crossing a street....

Electric motor now, no wheels next? Not if Michelin/Bridgestone/Goodyear etc. have anything to say!

Wouldnt the big Petrol companies have made an attempt to stop the manufacture of the Fetish with compensation?

Come on you Simcaphiles, this thread has been taken over by a group of fetishists of the venturi kind. Venturi. Named after an Italian scientist working on the flow of fluids. Crap perchance?
Fetish, an object of exclusive devotion.
Venturi Fetish = Worshippers of exclusive crap! :evil:

Seriously I think this thread should be somewhere else. :approve: