Valeo Oil Filter.

Wildebeest

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I have recently been gifted a Valeo brand [French] oil filter for my 504. Having never swayed from using the Purflux product and after a thorough check of dimensions, thread size, seal diameter etc the only difference is in the physical, smaller size of the canister, this creating the problem of not being able to use my Purflux removal tool.
So far so good, no leaks and the oil light extinguishes as quick as before.
I don't know of the price difference between the Valeo or the Purflux. Availability being the thing.:2cents:

Was the Box made in France or the Oil Filter?

Just interested. 2 years ago I bought Valeo brake rotors and a Purflux fuel filter for a 306 (French?): both made in China. Along with the boxes.:confused:

That made me go and look at my little Citroen stock. The Purflux filters were made in France. The Valeo pads were made in Spain. So the boxes say.

Who wants to buy some "Made in France Boxes"

DSC03399.jpgDSC03406.jpg :disappr:

Product of fFrance made in China. Seems to be the way it's all going. Try to find C5 spares made in France they have all the European languages and the boxes but made in China.
Looks like outsourcing is the name of the game.
I wonder if it like Sony you have the Japanese version and the made in Taiwan version at different orice points but the locals always buy the Japanese version.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Product of fFrance made in China. Seems to be the way it's all going. Try to find C5 spares made in France they have all the European languages and the boxes but made in China.
Looks like outsourcing is the name of the game.
I wonder if it like Sony you have the Japanese version and the made in Taiwan version at different orice points but the locals always buy the Japanese version.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Isn't everything going this way??

Designed in the country of origin and then made where labour is cheap.

No chance of getting purflux oil filters for the 504 any more. so either the valeo and I think there is a Ryco filter that fits as well. I am not on the dimensions of the Ryco filter.

just listed 2 purfulx oil filters Brother had them in his shed hast had car for year so passing on to some one may use them add on here

just listed 2 purfulx oil filters Brother had them in his shed hasnt had car for year so passing on to some one may use them add on here

Yes Purflux NLA for 504 and 404, strange considering how many are still on the road. Maybe they never change them in Egypt? EAI supply the Valeo, which isn't listed for Peugeot, something like Audi I think?

No chance of getting purflux oil filters for the 504 any more. so either the valeo and I think there is a Ryco filter that fits as well. I am not on the dimensions of the Ryco filter.