Vale Jayson Hinder

ipb205

Fellow Frogger
Whilst not strictly a registered Aussiefrogger, Jayson Hinder, local to Canberra died in a tragic motorcycle accident in California whilst on holiday with a group of friends and his son, this weekend just past. Jayson was 51.

Jayson was a true Renault enthusiast from his early days. He was involved in the Renault Club of Canberra in the 1980’s. His interests moved onto BMW’s in the 1990’s and he owns several E24 6 series coupes. In years gone by he owned an R8 1134 and also a Colorale and Prairie in various states of disrepair. He was one of those people that just wanted to save them from the crusher and appreciated their rarity.
He also owns the metallic pearl silver Alpine GTA seen in the background photos of some of the Aussiefrog web pages. Jayson’s recent interests had recently moved away from cars and into motorcycles.

He had many jobs in his early days however in the 1980’s worked at Corin Motors in Canberra. Once Corin Motors closed down Jayson continued to provide spare parts via his own business called Renoworld run from his garage in suburban Curtin. It was here that I met Jayson. Renoworld progressed to Euroworld as Jayson started wrecking operations of european cars in Fyshwick.
Jayson sold Euroworld and progressed to a law degree at ANU, graduating and entering local politics with the Labour party in Canberra with success in 2016.
Jayson was also an active member of the veterans rugby scene in Canberra.

His dry wit preceded him and left many people stunned with the reaction of 'Was I just insulted or did Jayson just compliment me?'

One of my heroes and substantial influences growing up.

Jayson leaves behind his wife Lisa and three grown up children.

Vale JRH. Gone too soon. So much to offer.

Ian Barges.
Canberra.

Didn't know him, but that was a very nice farewell on your part, and I think I would have appreciated to have been in his inner circle.

That is sad news.

I did not know Jayson personally but he was on the Alpine mailing list and I received many of his emails and was always great full for his contributions.

This was a real shock. Carolyn and I have both known Jason since he was a kid. Very sad day for his Mum and family and trust that he can find a Renault or two and one of his favoured motorbikes in heaven where he is now.

That is very sad news indeed.

I knew Jayson from my Canberra Renault days, we swapped parts and yarns back then. He cleared out the accumulated R8 parts from under my parents home when I went OS in the late 80s.

Really sorry to hear that.

Peter

The funeral for Jayson will be held on Monday 22 May at 1130am at St Pauls Anglican in Manuka as per the Canberra Times notice of 20 May 2017.

Very saddened by the loss of Jayson. He was a founding member of the Renault Owners Club of Canberra, at a tender age, and a great motoring enthusiast.