Vale Catshamlet

Russell Hall

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
It is with great sadness that I record the passing of a much loved member, Mike Mattinson (Catshamlet). Mike had recently been diagnosed with a serious illness but continued posting till nearly the end. He passed peacefully surounded by his loved daughters, family and friends. Although Mike lived in Cumbria and was yet to visit Australia, he made many close Australian friends through ths forum. He was known for his humour and his gentle posts. He had done a splendid job restoring Mimi, his modified 203. He was planning to bring Mimi to Australia in 2013 to run in the Redex Re-Run. I was to be his co-driver. He will be deeply missed by many.

A personal postscript: it was an honour and a privilege to have known Mike. His gentle, good humoured sparring was a spur my historical postings. I once called him a Yorkshireman. It would have been such a pleasure to have him visit.The 203 world is emptier now and I will miss him deeply.

Last edited:
A sad day. Sympathies to the family, and let's hope that in time some comfort may be granted in knowing that Cats has gone on ahead to a better place. A friend we never met, but a friend we will miss. Amen.

A good bloke, will be missed for his gentle nature and modest ecapades.

No one in this joint could lighten a thread with gentle and apt humour better than Mike.

When the end comes, it seems often that it comes quickly and unexpectedly.

I will miss having him around.

Roger

He was a funny pommy i'll miss. Hope he went peacfully!

"I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left"

Mike's signature says it all, a gentle dignified man who gave so much, we are all richer for having been a small part of his life.

Condolences to family and friends R.I.P. Mike Mattinson (Catshamlet)

Cheers
:cheers:
Chris

Deeply saddened,... I ll miss you Mike...

When I saw this thread... i opened it with disbelief and a wall of sadness pressing against my chest...
I think it says a lot about a man that he can so impact another being, never met or seen,... I couldnt contain the tears... so yes I m deeply saddened by Mikes passing... I echo what has been said about the man thus far... His superbly balanced "gentleness" and fine humour has impressed me many times...
Condolences to his family and friends.

May peace be upon you Mike.

:cheers: to a fine soul...

dino

another froggy leaves the forum....but leaves a mark that will remain until we all take the same journey...
like Alan S and others gone before you will be missed by those that love you and those whose respect you have earnt...
travel well catshamlet...

Thanks for sharing your humor Mike,
farewell Peugeot brother, hope you didn't suffer too much.

I'm very sad to hear of Mike's passing.

As another member said to me recently cancer is a leveler to us all, so true I feel. Mike was planning on coming over here next year with his 203. :(

I will miss his good humour and considerate posts.

My condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Mike, Catshamlet.

Last edited: