Vale. Bob Pinkerton

Wildebeest

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Sad and shocking news early in the week of the passing of Bob Pinkerton while on holiday in Borneo. A heart attack is believed to be the cause

Bob ["Pinko"] had been a member of the Peugeot Club of WA from about 1990. He served in various Club positions over the years.

He involved himself in the restoration of a 403 sedan, white in colour. I was fortunate to be present on and off to witness the first class work that Bob performed. He later took on the task of building a Peugeot single seat racing car in the spirit of the early fifties and sixties racers. He called it the "Bell Champ Special". It performed quite well in the regularity events at Phillip Island and Winton. The exhaust noise was magnificent!
Any Aussie Froggers who've had the pleasure of seeing the Special up close could only be amazed at Bob's skill.
His work history as an Aircraft Maintenance technician would have been of great help.
He had only recently added a tidy 504 to his fleet.

I have to conclude in saying, not unkindly, that Bob "The Pinkster" could be a bit outspoken at times during discussions on cars, racing etc. Anyone bringing up a point would be met by a very definate . "Oh Yes, I knew that!" from Bob.

To his family and all the good friends Bob had made in Peugeot circles we offer our condolences.

John Wilyman.

Last edited:
Thank you John. A shock to those who knew Bob. Well written by you.

Yes his workmanship was amazing and his dedication to Peugeots over all the years through the club assisted many.

RIP Bob and condolences to his family and friends.