V8 505

After testing the above links, it is easier for the reader if you paste an individual link to each picture. However it is of course much quicker for the poster to post a link to the folder containing the pictures, especially if there's more than 2 or 3 of them.

The problem with a link to the folder is that you need a Zip file manager to open the compressed folder, and let you view the files. Haven't tried this on a phone - it is slow on my PC, but it does work.

Of course the big advantage of using Dropbox over uploading photos directly to your post is the size and resolution - you can put decent quality pictures in Dropbox. The downside seems to be that you still can't get them to display in the post - you just see the link.

Cheers

Alec

After testing the above links, it is easier for the reader if you paste an individual link to each picture. However it is of course much quicker for the poster to post a link to the folder containing the pictures, especially if there's more than 2 or 3 of them.

The problem with a link to the folder is that you need a Zip file manager to open the compressed folder, and let you view the files. Haven't tried this on a phone - it is slow on my PC, but it does work.

Of course the big advantage of using Dropbox over uploading photos directly to your post is the size and resolution - you can put decent quality pictures in Dropbox. The downside seems to be that you still can't get them to display in the post - you just see the link.

Cheers

Alec

It may be easier for the person posting to use individual links.

However it's PITA for the person viewing.

If you link to a folder all images, past and present are displayed,

Here is a linked folder without any use of "zip manager" it is simply a link the same as an image.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jighquuqkn7m3v/AABMaboxa_WCbzw-s6EV7gDPa?dl=0

OK - I've tried sharing a different folder (edited my earlier post). It now works similarly to yours, but I still don't have the simple interface with the large thumbnails. Looks like trying raw=1 on the folder link compressed the whole folder into a zip file - still useful for single photos as it gives a simplified view of the photo.

Point is, it does take a bit of trial and error, and we are still not getting identical results.

Keep at it Stew :)! I would give Google a miss, and try creating the link in Dropbox (using the Sharing procedure).

Cheers

Alec

Keep at it Stew ! I would give Google a miss, and try creating the link in Dropbox (using the Sharing procedure).

And do read the Getting started guide for DB.

Hopefully in your local DB folder by now and definitely in post 34.

Why not just host the photos on :confused: ?

--click "go advanced" if using quick reply

attachment.php

--click "Manage attachements" ... if the dialogue box will not load properly... give it 30seconds then hold down [cntrl] and press [R] ..... So reload the dialogue box.

attachment.php

this is all I could get to load ... but close enough. it doesn't matter. Click the "Add Files" button. Note: clicking the "+" button will allow you to upload multiple images at once.

select a file on your hard disk and click "upload".

attachment.php

This will show the link to the photo in the text. If you use the "IMG" tags you can show the image in the post.

eg:
[ IMG ]http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113790&d=1557880034[ /IMG ]

without the spaces will show:

attachment.php

seeya
Shane L.

Attachments

• heads4.jpg
    heads4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 693
  • manage_attachments.jpg
    manage_attachments.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 226
  • dialogue_box.jpg
    dialogue_box.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 681
  • insert_line.jpg
    insert_line.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 673
  • manage_attachments.jpg
    manage_attachments.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 676
The Tapatalk app is the easiest way to post pictures on Aussie Frogs. Literally click upload, select image and it’s done. Displays as per (low quality image) below:

25dc5b520d169b046db7403e88d279cf.jpg

Very much looking forward to following the V8 505 progress. A 505 with the V6 coupe engine was alway a dream of mine.

The Tapatalk app is the easiest way to post pictures on Aussie Frogs. Literally click upload, select image and it’s done. Displays as per (low quality image) below:

25dc5b520d169b046db7403e88d279cf.jpg

Very much looking forward to following the V8 505 progress. A 505 with the V6 coupe engine was alway a dream of mine.

About 30years ago my uncle put the Rover V8 into a poo brown volvo 244 automatic .... It still around down in melbourne. It sure does make the old cars more exciting to drive. And likely weighs less than the cast iron 4 banger you have removed! The 505 should be the all alloy PRV ... so it's probably quite a bit heavier than that.

Thanks Shane for the tip about "
" wrapped around a link. Works a treat!

I realise that the pictures are much more likely to stay with the post if uploaded to AF (anything hosted elsewhere is prone to being moved or deleted - leaving the post with broken links), but you can show much larger and better resolution pictures by hosting them on another site.

Cheers

Alec

I wonder if it might be easier for Stew to email the photos (as attachments) to someone here who knows how to upload them?

Ian.

Yeah the 404 runs 2.2 Douvrin, billet cam, valve springs for 7000rpm. T25G turbo from Nissan. Electronic boost control, water to air intercooler from a GT4 Celica. Link G3 full engine management. I use a 306 coil pack.

BA7/4 and 504 live rear axle with 3.70 , lim slip.

It has wound the speedo way past it's maximum . 1 second slower around the old Morgan Park than a Stagea 2.5 twin turbo. ( I only used 3rd gear)

She goes good enough. :pugplak:

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the start of this thread - which looks very promising - is it possible for Stew to upload further details / progress / pics!?

Be great to see some pictures of the V8 sitting in the 504. What gearbox did you use? Do you still have the torque tube and Peugeot diff in there?