Useful General Web Resources

mlb

Voted Most Popular
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I thought I'd start a thread on some of the general motoring information out there on the internets. Hopefully that way we will build up a nice list of places people can go if they need to know just a little but more. Feel free to post any links that you think would be a great addition or ones that you refer to.

We're not going to go into specifics, so I don't want links to a page on rebuilding a BE3 gearbox for example, but one on the operating principles of gearboxes and the various design features would be great. Very general stuff.

I'll monitor the links as much as I can and remove any that become dead or have changed. So don't be offended if I edit your thread, I'll just be trying to keep it current.

Matt

So here's a couple of links the late Alan S sent through to me years ago regarding the principles of oils and lubrication

Syn-Lube Basics

The Engine Oil Bible

From the same 'Car Bible' resource, their article on Suspension

The Suspension Bible

And for those wondering what the fuss is all about regarding Three Angle Valve grinds, here's a fantastic article

Three Angle Grinds

Matt

Here's one posted by Bob a while back, I've only just stumbled across it sorry Bluey

G'day,

great site for sorting out all those circlip, rollpin, moulded clips and stuff that our cars are full of, and it's an Aussie site.

http://www.circlips.com.au/index.html

if you dunno what it's called or how to work out which one you want this is the place.

cheers,
Bob

If you had managed to read the original post free of self serving bias, you would have noticed that I said it was forwarded through to me by the previous moderator of this forum - a man with far greater knowledge of me than these things and one held in very high regard here.

Some of it may be a marketing spiel, but I'm sure that the majority of readers would be able to see past that and possibly gain something useful out of it. If not, then disregard it. If you want a safe haven where decisions on what is safe and suitable to read is made for you, then I suggest you return to the Pond. I'd rather give people a bit of credit in their ability to make their own decisions on what to read and believe.

You're more than welcome to take over the moderators position. At least then I won't feel an obligation to come here and subject myself to some of the drivel posted on a regular basis.

Is this a joke or something????

These guys seem to think so.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22432

Jo

I think it's time for some post deleting by both parties.

Let's try and keep it respectful and assume goodwill in posting useful stuff.

Keep on like this and much needed thread stands to grind to a halt.

Jo - please keep it nice
Matt - you are a moderator not a picador.

I'll delete mine after the others go :(

I think it's time for some post deleting by both parties.

Let's try and keep it respectful and assume goodwill in posting useful stuff.

Keep on like this and much needed thread stands to grind to a halt.

Jo - please keep it nice
Matt - you are a moderator not a picador.

I'll delete mine after the others go :(

Carefull Rob, posts like that might make you a nominee for a moderating position. :roflmao:

Jo

Carefull Rob, posts like that might make you a nominee for a moderating position. :roflmao:

Jo

As said by someone much earlier in history "They also serve those stand and wait"

Jo, my post was intended as gentle friendly reminder, as you have done for me (and it was appreciated and taken on board).

It was nothing else. No hidden agenda.

I find the "Sticky" quite irritating. Someone gets a brainwave and thinks the whole world needs to read it every time they open AF. Next thing you know, there's have a page of stickies before you get to something new..........

I'm amazed I took the energy/interest to open this one.

I find the "Sticky" quite irritating. Someone gets a brainwave and thinks the whole world needs to read it every time they open AF. Next thing you know, there's have a page of stickies before you get to something new..........

I'm amazed I took the energy/interest to open this one.

i click on new posts and read through that

much easier

This overseas now mainly on line catalogue have a very extensive range of products. I used to get the hard copy catalogue of their predecessor and that was shared among a number of people - you just might find a tool or automotive fastening product among their featured range. I rather preferred the hard copy. for their other products click on the product main link.

Hand Tools

Ken

I'm in Tassie, and I'm having trouble sourcing tyres for the DS as Hankook seems to have run out and Federal seem also to have nothing. Can anyone help me with where I can source 5 tyres?

Thanks,

Chris