Updating the Australian GS/A Register

I've never pulled a sedan seat apart so I could be wrong, but I think the base/squab structure could be much the same (if it varies it will be the rear section of its frame I would imagine). The backrest is quite a different structure, as the wagon has a metal backing and the ones I own don't have armrests.

For memory, they're quite different. You're stretching my memory back 30 years, but I'm sure the sedan seat is one piece. The upholstered seat and squab are on a single tubular steel frame which lifts out of the car complete. It may even be located at the lower front corners by the same pivot points that the wagon seat hinges forward from. I can't remember how the top of the squab is fixed to the car. It may use the points where the wagon latches mount. I have a strong recollection that the sedan seat frame even sits on rubber feet or pads on the front edge of the boot floor.

I think the sedan seat assembly will even tilt forward if released at the top, until it hits the front seats.

But anyway, the whole thing is a piece of cake to swap over.

IMG_1525.jpgHi Bruce I have my blue Citroen Ds 23 Pallas up for sale on ebay at the moment, I'm trying to place a link in the se classifieds.

Vin. DSFG01FG6868

Regards
Con

Hi Con
Sorry but DS's are someone-else's sphere - I know there is a record being kept by a member here of early Australian D's, but I think the later ones are probably far too numerous for anyone to want to try to keep track of them all.

Sorry to bombard the Citroen board through various threads, but I want everyone who may have been following the different threads where this has been mentioned to be aware of a new location.

An update:
I have moved the Register to a new address that I can more easily update - http://australiancitroengsgsaandbirotor.weebly.com/index.html
In the process I am still trying to recover images (too many dead and dying hard drives here) with decent resolution for the new Register, rather than the shrunken versions on the previous Register, so the new site may not be very visually stimulating for a while.
As stated previously, if there are too many gaps in the data for a particular vehicle I am reluctant to list it online until fuller data is gathered.

We all know there are more vehicles out there, so any leads are appreciated. I am happy to list a VIN number and other details without publishing current number plates or owner/s if people are concerned about their privacy.

Yet again, if you know you sent me your information previously and your vehicle is no longer listed, please resend as the information may have been lost in one of the many migrations betweens different versions of this Register.

I will not be updating the GS Register on the CCCQ website, but would like to thank CCCQ webmasters for their assistance over the years.

Just done another minor update, mainly the addition of a couple of cars and more photos to the GXGB Club page. My old computers' hard-drives look like they have definitely given up, so if there is no photo of your car on the website I have lost my copy, and would ask if you could please resend one, or post it here in a way I can copy.

WLB, have you been able to find any record showing the chassis number of your old car?

I welcome anyone who wants to photograph cars at shows outside Brisbane to feel welcome to send me one shot with the chassis number and any other details possible. As stated previously, I'm happy not to publish owner's names if people want to protect their privacy.

WLB, have you been able to find any record showing the chassis number of your old car?
Alas no, Bruce.
It's a pity the AOMC's ex-VicRoads card file database isn't searchable by rego number.

Warwick

We've got one sitting at our panel beaters in Melton.

From memory its about a 78 pallas. It the 4 headlight version. Blue in colour.

We've had it for years, been sitting at the panel shop for probably 10.

The owner crashed it and we striped it and sent it to Paul, he replaced the LH inner gaurd and painted the engine bay (engine and box are out). The owner wanted a full resto seeing we've pulled it down and went on to say he'd just taken a new job in New Guinea and would send us money every month, that was 10 years ago and we've never heard from him or received a cracker. We've come to the conclusion that he has been eaten by cannibals and will never be seen again.

So, its straight but dismantled, lots of new stuff inside including 4 new headlight with plastic headlight surrounds, new gaurds.
Its been in Pauls backyard for 4 or 5 years so don't expect much but it will need to be cleared or crushed.

We've got one sitting at our panel beaters in Melton.

From memory its about a 78 pallas. It the 4 headlight version. Blue in colour.

We've had it for years, been sitting at the panel shop for probably 10.

The owner crashed it and we striped it and sent it to Paul, he replaced the LH inner gaurd and painted the engine bay (engine and box are out). The owner wanted a full resto seeing we've pulled it down and went on to say he'd just taken a new job in New Guinea and would send us money every month, that was 10 years ago and we've never heard from him or received a cracker. We've come to the conclusion that he has been eaten by cannibals and will never be seen again.

So, its straight but dismantled, lots of new stuff inside including 4 new headlight with plastic headlight surrounds, new gaurds.
Its been in Pauls backyard for 4 or 5 years so don't expect much but it will need to be cleared or crushed.

Your talking my price range :) Is it freshly painted with decent trim ?

So if anyone goes to look at it, can they take a photo of the car and of the chassis plate and paint code disc please?

Via the aussiefrogs App

So if anyone goes to look at it, can they take a photo of the car and of the chassis plate and paint code disc please?

Via the aussiefrogs App

Melton isn't far from me ..... I have a sister car that could be used as a parts car. I doubt my wife would be "impressed" if I went looking at a GS :clown: ( maybe if I send my father she wouldn't know :evil: ).

Any chance of the numbers and a photo of your sister car for the Register, Shane? I did find a photo once, but no longer have it.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Melton isn't far from me ..... I have a sister car that could be used as a parts car. I doubt my wife would be "impressed" if I went looking at a GS :clown: ( maybe if I send my father she wouldn't know :evil: ).

Shane, if you want to have a look I can meet you there.
As far as price goes, Paul has stored it for ever so a donation to him would be appreciated.

Hi all
Looking for some feedback here from users of different browsers/ devices.
WEEBLY have changed their platform, allowing me to just upload a document via Scribd, but it means scrolling through the document (just tried it on the iPad, and found the document scroll function isn't there, I have to open the document separately to read it all). Please see an example on the GXGA page, where I've added another car.
Does this work better/same/worse for you than the other pages?

I've updated photos on the GXGC page, but am waiting to change the table until I get some feedback about the Scribd version.
Cheers..... and if anyone's got some more VIN numbers and photos................

Last edited:
Bruce, GXGC Scribd page looks OK but the font is really faint. If you can get that a bit sharper it would be right on the money.

Incidentally on the GXGC Estate page, my white GXGC056C7756 is actually a Jan 1973 build.

Well done on a great job. Appreciate your efforts.

It seems the Scribd version didn't display so well on some devices, so I've ditched it.
Another update, with details for another Club, another Pallas, and another GXGC estate.
Thanks Sparkey and others for updated info.
More entries always welcome if you can provide a chassis/ VIN number.

Another update, some entries updated to reflect changes, 8 more vehicles added. Still one correction to make, a photo to update, and some more layout work to fix.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Another update with some tidying to the Pallas page (but I think 2 of the photos may now be malfunctioning - will re-check later this week).

I have to re-edit the Club page, and correct an error on the 1015 wagon page - maybe next weekend's job.

Quite a few GS's for sale at the moment - if you're selling please ask purchasers if they want their name mentioned on the Register and forward details to me.
Thanks

Yet another update today, with the details now for BH74PY, a 74 Club, and a possible chassis number and therefore photo/ details for the pink Pallas. A couple of other photos added or fixed.

I know that owner details are out-of-date for several vehicles as new owners haven't been discovered following sales.

I still have only partial details of several vehicles I haven't listed, in many cases because I can't get the chassis number from ads, etc.

Still few details for the GSA's in Australia.

Last edited:
3 more Victorian vehicles added to the Register tonight, thanks to Andrew B.
I've yet to work out what I've done with the coding of the Pallas page earlier in the week - on the iPad its table and photo panes are appearing narrower than the overall page - not sure I'll come up with a solution in a hurry.
Please keep the details coming.