Um... finding Reverse in R10!

Gus

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
OK, this is a stupid question... especially for someone who's had his R10 for about 6 months now...

However, I haven't driven it in a while (too busy with the 505) and I've forgotten where Reverse is. blush

Worse, it's parked in front of a tree and I can't afford any more wrong nudges. :)

The gear linkages in the 10 are shot, so finding any gear feels quite similar to stirring a big pot. Can anyone remind me where on the gear selector Reverse is to be found?

What Damien says is quite true - however that is not the full story.

Trying to do the movement "hard and fast" is not the answer. It is better to centre the gearstick; then slowly and gently move it directly to the left. By doing it this way you should feel a slight change in tension as it passes through the gate. At this point move it directly back towards the rear of the car. dance

This obviously harder to do the more the linkages are worn but it it is probably the best way to give it a try. One of my cars had reverse gear almost impossible to get if someone was in the passenger seat (unless they lifted their leg) as the gearstick ended up in front of the seat!!

Of course you could always try towing it backwards in neutral first!! head_ban

You obviously didn't sell the car not so long back?

Thanks guys!

Of course you could always try towing it backwards in neutral first!!

Or pushing it backwards in neutral. This is what I did when I first had it running, as I took it for a run down the road and then got stuck in 3-pointer when I realised I didn't know where reverse was. eek! . I worked it out after that (only to forget again!)

You obviously didn't sell the car not so long back?
No. It's going in the Trading Post tomorrow so I was going to wipe it down (it got dust stormed on a while back) and also scrub out the rust in the front floorpans. It's not serious rust, but my dog ate the front floor mat a few weeks ago (!!!) and first impressions count.

I'd rather it went to a good home than continue to sit around here. Without the cash to do something funky to it, sooner or later it'll devolve to paddock basher status.

Gus it sounds you are not having much luck with your car.
First gears then dogs eating floor mats. Sounds fun......
Hope the 10 goes to a good home.Its really sad...