Ultimate 807 build

Bustamif quick sell the Lotus. Love to see it back on the track.

Renault Gordini 807-G4 engine running​

Wonder what the head was originally off or was it made especially for the 807 as a one off?

This one has to be up there, 1950cc.....
I think this owner already has a hot A310 I've seen it doing a couple of dyno runs and hillclimbs while at 1860cc.

Motors (heads) were originally developed for F2/3 racing at the time, but rally found they worked well in rally cars as well, so developmen went in that direction as well. No championships with them, in rally, but a lot of first overall. At F2 very competetive, but not realy reliable at the horse power needed.

Cams were chain drive to dummy cam, then gears to camshafts. One of the French Facebook sites has just recently had a major post on the motors.

Ray

Motors (heads) were originally developed for F2/3 racing at the time, but rally found they worked well in rally cars as well, so developmen went in that direction as well. No championships with them, in rally, but a lot of first overall. At F2 very competetive, but not realy reliable at the horse power needed.

Cams were chain drive to dummy cam, then gears to camshafts. One of the French Facebook sites has just recently had a major post on the motors.

Ray
Can you find that link? Sounds interesting. Thanks

That was John Wheelers GR4 car with all the Pukka bits on it. He did have 2 or 3 of these motors. I think a mate of mine has bought all the bits from him.