Tyre pressures set above manufacturers recommendations

Could anyone be harassed by our legal system for advocating tyre pressures different to those recommended by the manufacturer? Supposing a vehicle was involved in a fatal accident, a contributing factor being determined as incorrect tyre pressures, and subsequently the estate discovered that the tyre pressures had been consistently different to the car manufacturers specifications as had been recommended by a well known and established web forum and those values had been used by the deceased before their demise, where would that put the purveyors of such information?
No....

I've had a few convos with people about my Gti 180 and what I could feel(on the road) was atrociously low tyre pressure. Turns out every tyre is different, duh, and what you have to do is set the pressure to the manufacturer specific recommendation for that tyre, NOT to what the car states. Widly different compounds, sidewall strengths, there's no way the little sticker inside your door is gonna be able to quantify all that lol. I'd search for what your tyre manufacturer recommends online, and if you can't find anything give the tyre shop a ring, they'll have all the specs.

Apparently for my size tyre Toyo recommend really high pressure, like 40+, way, way off the 34psi my sticker states. At the moment my Hankooks want 39-40(2.7bar recommended). Now i'd be quick to battle any and all insurance companies on those grounds, manufacturer spec is stated on my sticker as Pirellis that aren't made anymore and there are no laws stating that changing tyre manufacturer nullifies your safety and therefore your insurance, and as i've recently found out the recommendations from each tyre manufacturer vary wildly, even in between different models within the same size.

Widly different compounds, sidewall strengths, there's no way the little sticker inside your door is gonna be able to quantify all that lol. I'd search for what your tyre manufacturer recommends online, and if you can't find anything give the tyre shop a ring, they'll have all the specs.

The other variable outside tyre manufactures controol is temperature, vast difference in winter temps in the Snowies and summer temps in Northern Terriotory. I have heard from more than one NT visitor who suffered multiple tyre failures in hot temps, the locals tyre experts recommended higher pressures to reduce heat build up in order to help the tyres last.

Manufacturers recommendations are just that, a recommendation. If it becomes a legal issue, I expect that finding industry expertise to prove manufacturer recomemndations are not always the best solution.

Interesting

Good point about extinct tyres as well. What do you do 5 or more years down the road when tyre technology has moved on from the sticker on the pillar?

I've had a few convos with people about my Gti 180 and what I could feel(on the road) was atrociously low tyre pressure. Turns out every tyre is different, duh, and what you have to do is set the pressure to the manufacturer specific recommendation for that tyre, NOT to what the car states. Widly different compounds, sidewall strengths, there's no way the little sticker inside your door is gonna be able to quantify all that lol. I'd search for what your tyre manufacturer recommends online, and if you can't find anything give the tyre shop a ring, they'll have all the specs.

Apparently for my size tyre Toyo recommend really high pressure, like 40+, way, way off the 34psi my sticker states. At the moment my Hankooks want 39-40(2.7bar recommended). Now i'd be quick to battle any and all insurance companies on those grounds, manufacturer spec is stated on my sticker as Pirellis that aren't made anymore and there are no laws stating that changing tyre manufacturer nullifies your safety and therefore your insurance, and as i've recently found out the recommendations from each tyre manufacturer vary wildly, even in between different models within the same size.

Go off the pressure marked on the tyre based on load. Don't go off the cars pillar sticker. Tyre tech has changed over years. Get the tyres best suited for your vehicle (at the time, as I said tyre tech changes over time and you may well find something else newer is much better) and go off the PSI recommended on the tyre itself. Insurance will go off the tyres and recommended tyre pressures they provide when making an assessment where relevant. No one in their right mind would follow the sticker if it doesn't even correlate to the current spec you have provided yourself. You will also find a lot of modern tyres specify 36-38 and even up to 42 PSI at recommended.