Tyre pressures not monitored!

On most cars, the bluetooth connection to your TPMS sensors is restored after traveling for a while. If that doesn't work, check the condition of the sensor batteries.

Citroen pressure sensors/radio transmitters are inside the tyres, suspended under the valves. The receiving antennae are mounted on the hubs. Check the wiring to one isn't damaged - it's easy to do if mechanical work has been done there.

The steel spare wheel has no sensor. Have you put the spare on the car?

The steel spare wheel has no sensor. Have you put the spare on the car?
You would think a sensor on the spare would be a good idea.
That is the one you are least likely to check and the most important when you have a flat

You can spot tyres with the sensors from the outside, as the projecting valve body is different in shape from a standard valve.
tyre-pressure.jpg

If it doesn’t come good with a drive again don’t know what car you are talking about but from memory it’s a old C5 these batteries last around 10-12 years it’s easier/cheaper to just turn the system off

Is it still possible to procure a new set of sensors? Mine still work, but the C5 is now 11 years old. I find them useful. I'd be happy to buy a set and have them installed when I next need new tyres. Now in my mid 80's, I expect the Cit to see me out, because it's only just done 90,000kms and is running beautifully.

Each one needs to be coded to the BSI for wheel position - they have a unique number.

Euro supplier - pick one -

Thanks for that seasink. I've saved the link for future reference. Doesn't seem to show a unit for model code RHH though, which I assume is the vehicle with the HDI160 engine (which is the model I have). Guess I can sort it if and when the need arises.

. I see now why mine are playing up- I’ve had wheels off and on , swApped and replaced/ sorting out a wheel balance issue. Is it easy to turn it all off?

If only there was a group this helpful for all of life’s problems

On my 2008 C5X7, I don't have any issue when I rotate the tyres around. The system keeps track of where the wheels are OK. If you want to replace a wheel with one from another car, you have to get the MAC address off the sensor on the new to car wheel and get that fed into the TPMS ECU so that it will recognise that sensor otherwise the new wheel will behave just like the spare that doesn't have a sensor in it.

There is a post here years ago where I tell the story of getting a Baltic mag to replace my spare tyre and using Lexia to add the MAC address of its sensor into the TMPS so I don't get the bong bong alarm when I have to use the spare tyre.

Cheers, Ken

The MAC address printed on the sensor may be a decimal number. It needs to be converted to the usual hexadecimal format for computer entry.

Most tyre shops have sniffers to read the code and can clone bad sensors but in the Aussie frog tradition of deep pockets turning off is the easier option.