Tyre pressure Monitoring System TPMS Peugeot 208

Tim-HJ61

Fellow Frogger
My Peugeot 208 has started displaying low tyre pressure warnings, yet there is no loss of tyre pressure in any tyre.

The first time it happened I inflated all the tyres when cold and noted their pressure, then reinitialised the TPMS via the dash screen reset.

Now it’s displayed the warning again, but there’s no apparent loss of pressure from any tyre.

It’s either incredibly sensitive and I do have a minor leak, or it’s faulting.

How have others found the reliability of these systems?

Thanks
Tim

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Only ever had one warning with mine in three years, and never really had any reason to doubt their efffectiveness. I pretty much only ever have to reset my tyre pressures when they’ve been “fixed” as part of an over-zealous service.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Each sensor is mounted inside the tyre under the valve and broadcasts both its reading and its unique number code by radio. Diagbox can be used with the car computer to register the ID number, get readings, and swap the ID numbers around to different wheels. If you look at the hub you will see the antenna. Is it damaged? Look at the visible valve for possible sensor damage. Tyre changes can be risky.

They aren't everlasting, particularly if you have had flats.

Not sure the current TPMS system uses these sensors, seasink - hence the re-initialising procedure via the central display.

I believe the 208 (and current 308, for example) uses an indirect TPMS based on tyre pressures being correctly inflated and wheel speed sensed by the ABS sensor, to determine whether the wheel is under-inflated or not.

Perhaps Tim, your tyres are worn unevenly (i.e. front vs back, left vs right) and it's confusing the system.

Failing that, you may have an ABS sensor issue, but I would assume it would have told you that the ABS system was not working properly!

Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups
Check the tyres for feathering I have seen this a few times causing a passive tps warning