Two new racecars in NZ

I am curious Frans, why are there cars with engine capacities greater than 2.0 lit, racing in the Group A 0-2000 class (although I see they are really not competitive based on where they finished)?
Or is there another measure that is not immediately obvious - power/weight?

Here (MSCA sprint series) there are 2 classes for 0-2000cc cars - pre and post 1985 (classic vs modern).
Here in NZ we have a series that is supposed to be a cheap introductory series and they are using the SSangyong Action UTEs. (pick-ups). I think that is Mercedes engines and they were just an invitation team for the event. How cheap? I don't know because they are running sequential gearboxes and I have no idea what additional mods are allowed.

This info from WIKI.

The series features a field of slightly modified Actyons with identical drive trains, allowing driver ability to determine race outcomes. The racing Actyons featured a 2.3 litre petrol engine by Mercedes-Benz mated to a locally sourced four speed sequential gearbox and an open differential. The suspension was lowered to improve handling and a full protective rollcage and harnesses were installed.

I don't think they would have featured in the next class.

Frans.

@Shoji and the oldest driver as well. At least there is another guy that shares the age group with me. Both of us are 71 years young.

Frans
Makes me want to get my helmet and racing suit back out of the closet!