Turbo'ing an Mi16?

Elky

Fellow Frogger
I've seen this discussion pop up a few times, I've even see a picture of an exhaust manifold designed with a turbo in mind. What's the general consensus on this? With our XU9J4Z's and low(er) compression I'd imagine it would be more feasable here than in Europe.

Surely this has been attempted before? It seems like it would be much more cost effective than tuning a small capacity NA engine like a lot of you do.

it's been done man.. check out the archives coz there's a full thread already dedicated to this.

If u can't find it ask pug307 4 help... he's the pc guru.

If someone were to develop a turbo and a supercharger kit for 205/405/306, how many people would be interested and what would they consider a reasonable power output and price?

i know i would if it wasn't going to break the bank... but then again.. i've gotta decide exactly what i want to do, engine wise..

I'd do a turbo conversion at the drop of a hat Bluey... but who could be far-ked with all the mappable ecu, intercooler, pain in the ass manifold, and bigger or extra injector.... then after doing all that work and looking for a "reasonable price" is like trying 2 find a car that hasn't been redlined.