Turbocharging a GTi6????

Having previously turboed a NA car I can tell you that its not going to be a cheap exercise. You will need:

- bigger injectors
- bigger fuel pump
- aftermarket computer
- custom exhaust manifold
- piping
- rising rate fuel pressure regulator
- turbo
- new exhaust system
- B I G intercooler

Right there you are looking at $3000+ before anyone lays a finger on the car.
Thanks for your input but im aware i need these items.
Big Interccoler is poitnless, I will get a Mitsu Evo Cooler these are one of the best flowing Stock intercoolers and for a low boost setup will serve my purpose fine they can be had for $300-400.
Injectors and fuel pump i can get quite easily my friend works at Bosch= cost price.

Turbo im thinking T25-T28 or a IHI TD04 its not gonna be big i dont want a laggy setup. These Turbos can be had for $500 the T28 a little more im gonna get 2nd hand BTW. They are not good for big HP setups but thats not what im after.

Im not touching internals or comp ratio. Like ive said alot of my friends have turboed their VTEC motors which run 11.1 Comp ratio and they last. Its all in the tuning and fuel support systems plus im running low boost.

Im not going for an animal of a car the GTi6 is quick enough i just want to make it that little bit quicker and UNIQUE. Im sick of Jap cars running round with turbos its time for Peugeots turn :)

Oh and

As for your mates Lancer running an 11.9, thats crap. There is no way a FWD car with that amount of power would run an 11.9. As a matter of fact I just checked on fullboost the FWD Top 10 and there is no Lancer in it, and 10th spot is a 12.2. Someone is telling fibs. To run that time you would have to be up to near 200fwkw+ in a Lancer unless it was totally stripped out.
Why dont u check Fullboost now...check Friday nights results. Brankos Lancer ran a 11.9.
Ive seen this car on the street and it beat WRX's ect with the old setup(the one i wanted to buy)
He now has a new setup running Streghthened internals, Big turbo but it looks stock. Its got over 250fwkw.

Its still only a SOHC 1.8 6G93 but it pulled a 11.9. Go check it out.

<a href="http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmeets/2003/calder_03_052/calder_03_052.html" target="_blank">http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmeets/2003/calder_03_052/calder_03_052.html</a>

See that Silver Stock Lancer...thats it :)

Ok. Now the "correct" story is told I understand. The way you wrote it before it sounded like he ran the 11.9 with the setup you want to buy. It helps when you know the full story. :)

I would seriously recommend you do something about the compression ratio. Leaving it standard is just asking for trouble. Or, you'd want to be having the very best Motec management and a very good tune.

But, I hope you do it. It certainly is different.

Darren

Yeah sorry...in the first post it sounded like the setup i wanted was the 11.9 one. I only realised after and couldn't find the button to edit my post.

This is his OLD setup runing TD04...it made 140fwkw on STOCK INTERNALS and Comp Ratio.

As for comp....i really dont want to have to open the motor up thats when stuff becomes expensive.(although if i blow the motor itll be expensive too :( )

But yeah im prob gonna get a autronic SMC ECU or if Andreas wants to sell me his Motec i might use that. As for tuning yeah ive got that covered.

My friend (hes a stupid Honda nut and doesn't shut up bout them) he built a Turbo setup for his Prelude H22A VTEC motor. On 9psi of boost running stock intenals and comp he made 200fwkw(front wheel kw) with upgraded fuel system and Microtech. The tuning was going great until he blew the gearbox :( Ill be getting him to screw my turbo setup together though :)

Thats my main concern with this excericse is the GTi6 gearbox frown

Heres the details of the old kit off the Lancer.
$1800 sounds like a bargain to me

TDO4L turbo
exhaust manifold
dump pipe (turbo to cat)
intercooler
intercooler piping
hose and clamps etc
water lines etc

440CC injectors
2.5" exhaust

Just do it WRC, i mean by the sounds of things you are prepared to spend big and aware of the possible consequences. Success or failure you have nothing to lose, i mean the way you got the gti6 engine in the first place is rare to say the least, It was probably a sign for you to do something with it...
Just think how good it would be to kick some rice ass down the 1/4 in your snail... Victory couldnt be sweeter

hahah na man i dont wanna spend im pretty sure i can get the setup for under $5000 if it cost more than that i really CBF with it...id rather spend it on the GTO :)

Good luck your your pug mate :)

WRCpug, good luck, sound like your'e determined to put rice on your bagel.....lol. just let me know when you start looking for replacement/better shafts....
cheers Xq

haha no RICE here i just wanna chuck a snail onto the side of the Engine :) lol

But yeah im just asking these questions to determine if anyone had any advice ect hopefully i can do the conversion at the end of the year....hopefully i dint break too many driveshafts frown

I'd just go for some cams, bigger valves and some other internal stuff. There's got to be 150 kw there waiting

My own preference would have been the lighter XU9J4 in the first place. The chap I bought the 205 wreck from in Kiama, runs a turbo charged XU9J4 in his off road buggy. With just the addition of 7:1 forged pistons, Motec management and 11 psi boost, it puts out a whopping 196hp at the wheels! Also keep in mind that it has extra 1.5:1 reduction gearbox which probably sucks up 10-15hp.

My own preference would have been the lighter XU9J4 in the first place
Mmmm can u please elaborate cause im interested...is this the Mi16 motor or S16?

Now that you mention it does anyone kno how heavy the GTi6 Motor is + G-Box?

The XU9J4 is the all alloy 1905cc motor, found in Series 1 Mi16 and the Citroen BX16V. It was also used in 2L super tourers and I've been told it's still being used in the current 206 rally cars.

Thanks mate....why did they use Iron block in the GTi6 ven though its a newer motor than the Mi16? Is it much heavier?

Im starting to take bets.

Who will have the fastest Pug by the ned of the year? Yellow or WRCPUG mallet

You reckon I may need to go to a bogger NOS system hey Parry?

The 150hp system should be enough.

Darren

My money is on YELO20....cause knowing me il be too lazy to build the turbo kit by then :(

NoS powered 205 eh???? Sounds unreal but isn't a 150HP shot a bit much? Have u upgraded your fuel system and ECU to accomodate that?

Cant wait to see it though :)

All the details are in the 180-200hp thread. :)

Darren