turbocharging a 1985 505 GTi.

There was a chap in Newcastle AU who turbo's the 2.2L GTI engine fairly well. Again not running a great deal of boost. He had custom manifolds made, but expect to do that anyway, he found higher flowing injectors that he swapped out the originals for, and from memory he ran a simple Haltek ECU

Long story short, find a keen exhaust dude / mechanic and he'll happily take your money of you :p

#edit. how quick the memory fades. This was the chap I was thinking off

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/technical-performance/18124-505-turbo.html

linked above too :p

Thanks for the links and help, Bowie.

I really appreciate the advise from all respondents. I have a lot of thinking to do until early next year about the motor rebuild. Modest 7 p.s.i. turbo boost, the GasResearch option or improving the cylinder head gasflow.

I am still enjoying the 505 GTi as a daily driver, but when the time comes to take it off the road for work, I will need a replacement. 406, 407?

Thanks for the links and help, Bowie.

I really appreciate the advise from all respondents. I have a lot of thinking to do until early next year about the motor rebuild. Modest 7 p.s.i. turbo boost, the GasResearch option or improving the cylinder head gasflow.

I am still enjoying the 505 GTi as a daily driver, but when the time comes to take it off the road for work, I will need a replacement. 406, 407?

Get either 406 Saloon v6 5-speed Manual or 407 Coupé 6-speed manual. I wouldn't bother with 407 Saloon v6 auto. The AM6 (auto gearbox) in 407 v6 is very unpredictable and kills fun drive.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.