Trying to contact the previous owners family

Techbuy

Fellow Frogger
Back in February 2011 I bought a 1972 D Special through Aussiefrogs and I promised the family I would look after the car as it was cherished by the previous owner.
The car was stored for many years and when the family decided to sell it some friends came round and helped to get it out of storage.
Sadly, I lost contact with the family and wondered if anyone would know of them.
I wanted to contact the family of Mr. B. Hunter who lived in Mentone Victoria who was a very keen Citroen man as many who knew him would know.
I just wanted them to see the car now, as after many years it has been fully restored and rebuilt as close to new as we could and still keeping as much of the original parts and paint as possible.
So, if anyone knows the family would you please be kind enough to pass on news of the car and let them know I have taken care of the car as I promised.
Thank you
Colin

Attachments

• 20210421_105908_InPixio.jpg
    20210421_105908_InPixio.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Congratulations, well done - looks beautiful.
John

Thank you
All I know is Mr.Hunter sadly passed away and the car was stored for a long time.
All the correspondence with the family was through the Aussiefrogs messaging system which seems to have been deleted.
Here is the garage door propped open to get it out and in the light of day back in 2011 and two of the Gentlemen who helped to get it running and drive it on to the truck to come to Sydney.

Attachments

• 17 citroen.jpg
    17 citroen.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 18 citroen.jpg
    18 citroen.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Citroen 1.jpg
    Citroen 1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Pretty sure that is Peter Dekker. His contact details will be readily available through the CCCV. He's not really active on Aussiefrogs :)

Thank you to those who replied, I have not had any luck trying to find the previous owner.
I was so sure someone in Victoria would know the family as it was a B. Hunter Nepean Highway Mentone and he had all sorts of D's in his garden as you can see in the picture.
The Ivory one is on the left side of the picture more pictures of it now.
Still hoping to let the family know its loved. There is more info on it's sisters website ds23.com.au if your interested.
Cheers.

Attachments

• 12 citroens 1981.jpg
    12 citroens 1981.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 11 citroens 1981.jpg
    11 citroens 1981.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 117
  • DSpecial_in_the_sun.jpg
    DSpecial_in_the_sun.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSpecial_front_seat1.jpg
    DSpecial_front_seat1.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSpecial_Back_seat1.jpg
    DSpecial_Back_seat1.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSPecial_door_open1.jpg
    DSPecial_door_open1.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 119
yes I helped get it going and helped the family with the sale. The owner died and the family subsequently sold the house and I had no further contact with them.