TRX Tyre width????

82' 505 and Crusin'

Fellow Frogger
Just wondering what other TRX (390mm) wheel users use on their cars. The TRX tyres I got are
220x??x390(will need to look at the profile).

220 seems pretty wide, but its all they had, what sizes do people use on their Pugs?

What effects will the wide tyres have on car/handling?

the 180/190 tyre size was the original size
they are now classed as a vintage size by michelin who review back orders every quarter to see if they have enough to make a batch
avon however still make the metric tyres and they make a 220 and a 240 plus i think there is a wider one again but i forget now what the profiles are
i have them written down somewhere here but forgive me as we have moved this week and things are still in a bit of disorganised organisation
i did find one thing in the move though that i thought i had lost and that was 2 new sets of 403 sedan rear bee hive indicator lenses still in plastic with screws and original
amazing what you find when you move house

I asked the question of Michelin on their web site in Oz and received the following reply
"Metric sized tyres are very rare these days and not many dealers will carry them
in stock, most sizes are actually being phased out of production. Any dealer
within Victoria that is listed on our website will be able to order you these
tyres. On the other hand there is also a variety of other sizes stocked that may
fit your vehicle, i.e. 200/60R390. Please consult your local dealer by calling 13 13 10 or selecting one from the dealer locator on the website. "
Stephen

82' 505 and Crusin':
Just wondering what other TRX (390mm) wheel users use on their cars. The TRX tyres I got are
220x??x390(will need to look at the profile).

220 seems pretty wide, but its all they had, what sizes do people use on their Pugs?

What effects will the wide tyres have on car/handling?