Troublesome Peugeot 207 GTI

C McC

Tadpole
G'Day Fellow Peugeot Owners, Enthusiasts,

Can I please ask for some direction on a little 207GTI that is being a bit troublesome. It is the 4th Pug in the household, and wants all of the garage time.

It is a 2007 model GTI with 114000KMs on it, has the following fault codes, as pulled by Diagbox
F034
F03F
715C
P2279

The symptoms on the vehicle seem to be,
air con not working,
and on occasion after the vehicle has stood following a long run, the engine warning light illuminates, and then the cooling fan will run on full speed for 10 mins?

If anyone has experienced any of these issues or codes, could you please share you fixes
It would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards

G'Day Fellow Peugeot Owners, Enthusiasts,

Can I please ask for some direction on a little 207GTI that is being a bit troublesome. It is the 4th Pug in the household, and wants all of the garage time.

It is a 2007 model GTI with 114000KMs on it, has the following fault codes, as pulled by Diagbox
F034
F03F
715C
P2279

The symptoms on the vehicle seem to be,
air con not working,
and on occasion after the vehicle has stood following a long run, the engine warning light illuminates, and then the cooling fan will run on full speed for 10 mins?

If anyone has experienced any of these issues or codes, could you please share you fixes
It would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards

Here's a lookup for those codes - DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Foutcodes

Would seem the first 3 are comms faults - check wiring connections and battery voltages
Last one is the manifold pressure low code - check hoses and connections on the pressurised side of the turbo for a leak or loose fitting

Does the oil cap suck in when the engine is running

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Here's a lookup for those codes - DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Foutcodes

Would seem the first 3 are comms faults - check wiring connections and battery voltages
Last one is the manifold pressure low code - check hoses and connections on the pressurised side of the turbo for a leak or loose fitting

G'day Thatguy,

Thanks for the DTC list and information, looks like i will be breaking out the multimeter this weekend,
Cheers

Does the oil cap suck in when the engine is running

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

G'day dmccurtayne,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated,
and yes i can confirm that the oil filler cap is suctioned to cover when engine is idling.

Your pcv valve is stuffed you will need to replace the rocker cover this will affect you intake manifold pressure
The comms faults won’t cause any running issues

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Hey dmccurtayne

Thanks for the follow up,
agreed,
i will be tracking one down now. What a great design. I will post after the repair has been completed, and advise

Hi i have a question in regards to the cam cover PCV valve issue
If i were to use the PCV blanking plugs 2 x 0361.S4
that are used to apparently reduce the carbon build up on the inlet valves. Would this eliminate my issue of the P2279 code intake air leak, and also reduce the carbon build up?

No because you would still have vacuum build up

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Good morning all, a bit of an update on the GTI.

So i went ahead and deleted the breather from the inlet manifold to the cam cover with the above mentioned blanking plugs.
The idle quality improved straight away.:dance:
After 1200kms
I no longer get the P2279 fault code come up after a drive.:adrink:
There has been no change in the engine oil level :)
No oil is entering the turbo air intake....at the moment. May have to look at a catch can set up if this develops, but will monitor.:whistle:
And finally you can now remove the oil filler cap with engine running, not that its really required.:crazy:

Looks very much like the breather from the cam cover to the air intake can cope with everyday driving, not sure it would be correct for thrashing around the track tho.:)
I had to try this as to replace the cam cover is an expensive exercise, and would probably have to be repeated in the future.:confused:

In reference to A/C fault on the car.

The inline system pressure switch, does not displace a reading in Diagbox, but the switch has been replaced, and system has been evacuated, vac'd down holds vacuum, and charged with correct quantity of R134A, with dye added. Leak checked with nothing found.
On further investigation, it has been found that there is no power out of eng bay fusebox on yellow block pin 1 & 4 to power compressor pressure switch and clutch. They come out as earth?
If 12v is supply direct to the comp & pressure switch the system cools correctly, but this has only been tried to confirm the mechanical integrity of the system.
The switching can be seen in the Diagbox screen and on the control panel.
Can i please ask would there be anyone where i could obtain the Peugeot wiring diagram for the A/C and cooling fan circuit for this 2007 207GTI, as the Haynes manual, only gives you a typical example, and not the duel zone system

Apologies for the lengthy reply, but i thought it may be of some interest.
Anymore info would be very much appreciated