Traffic !! a cornacopia of French old cars and quirkiness.

jaahn

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi Just watching the old movie Traffic on SBS movies. Bl**dy brilliant. I guess it will be available on Iview or something later. Enjoy :approve: Older French cars from one end to the other and many others too.
Jaahn

If you missed it (as I did), it will be screened again at 7:30am tomorrow morning - preceded by M. Hulot's Holiday (if you are up about 6 am).

Trafic (which happens to be another of M. Hulot's adventures) will also be repeated at 10:20am on Wednesday!

Cheers

Alec

I'm watching Trafic! now - amazing - where do they find so many old cars to make these movies!

I may have spotted an anachronism - a brand new 404 is being polished at the car show, yet I'm sure I saw a 504 on the highway!

Ahh those gendarmes on their BMW flat twins - amazing how they both locked their back wheels and broadsided to a stop!

The film was released in 1971. The 504, from memory, was introduced in 1968, Armadillo, while the 404 was manufactured in Europe until about 1975 (though the last assembled in Australia was, I think, about 1971 - 404 Utes were still being made in Tunisia until well into the 2000s!) . So no anachronisms there, but a gorgeous (and very strange) film for all French car lovers! It is on SBS iView for the present.

Hi All,
SBS Movie channel (ch 32) is showing the movie "Trafic" again a few times over this weekend. Definitely worth catching up, even if for the first time.

It's original French title is Trafic, however SBS has it listed as Traffic in their guide.

It's also now on SBS on demand.
I'm not sure how long out will be available there......... don't miss it.

Yes still worth watching, again, and again. :cool: Really a study in human foibles with a background of good old french cars and other makes too. What is that sports car the girl drives? A kit car of some sort possibly! :oops:
I guess the moon landing sets the background date.
Jaahn

my wife called me in to watch it ,it was a crack up ,i havent laughed so much in a long time ,how about the guy trying to fix the trelace he had torn off the front of the house ,and the crazy mechanic ,in the lane by the river ,the squashed dog ,it goes on and on

That is Jacques Tati near his best.
His late '40s black and whites are just as good, and into the '50s..... Mon Oncle is really fantastic.