Trade in Value of 2008 Peugeot?

bil

Tadpole
Hi. I'm looking to trading in our 308 Peugeot 1.6 xs hdi (2008) for Rav4. The Peugeot has been absolutely fantastic and we have done 220000Km in the past 12 years. We have been offered $1500 as trade in but thought it would be worth more. Does anyone have any idea of the value of this car (has leather upholstery and never missed Peugeot service)? Thanks Bil

Sounds about right for trade in. Might be able to get $3000 if you sell it privately.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Know where you're coming from. Not much money for a good car but that's the way it is. That's the money the dealer will be offered from the wholesale trade. Will probably end up in in a small yard. You're buying a high demand model so the dealer won't need to inflate a trade. Go to a Peugeot dealer and offer on something that's been sitting in the sun unsold since 2018 and you might get a better offer but I wouldn't bet on it.

I just sold my immaculate 2009 pug 407 hdi. It was a crime what I got. Just the way it is at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Bit radical but let's reverse the situation

Kill Wife no problem :dance:

It was always like that, twelve years of good service and a tiny trade in price. I remember one owner 403's in good order getting trade ins after ten -twelve years of around $125 and being resold for $300 to $400. A ten year old 203 was worth not much more than $100 private and far less as a trade. In the 1970's Regan Motors were charging $10 to accept a 203 trade. Just the way it was, another cost to owning a Peugeot we were willing to pay. People who worried about resale bought Holdens.