Traction to Tasmania

Mackers

Tadpole
To celebrate the rebuilding of Rosie's engine, a 1954 Slough-built Light 15, we're planning a run around Tasmania in the latter part of September to help run her in. Do any of you know of any Citroen help down there in case we need running repairs?
We'd love to meet any enthusiasts while we're there.
Cheers

Hi,

the Citroen Car Club of Tasmania is not very big but is very enthusiastic and has a club event most months. If you will be in Tas on Saturday 17 September the club has listed a visit to the chocolate factory in Latrobe, which may give you the chance to meet a few fellow Cit owners. They're also planning a meet on 2 October (venue yet to be advised, probably midlands somewhere) in honour of the 50th anniversary of the D series. Visiting mainlanders may be assured of a warm welcome at club events, we'd love to see you. I suggest you have a look at recent editions of the clubs magazine "Citroen News" which you may find through your local clubs archives, or feel free to send me a personal message and I will pass on some contact details for the club.

Regards,
Brett

Brett, thanks for that - we'd love to join the run to Latrobe and the chocolate factory. Where will you be meeting on the 17th?

Hi,

as the club has members in various parts of the island, often people will make their own way to a venue from their home. So it probably depends on where you will be coming from on the day, as well as your ultimate destination, as to who you might be able to travel with. If you happen to be in the Hobart area, for instance, there will be a few members (probably including me) travelling north. Similarly, someone will probably be heading over from Launceston too. The club usually combines its outing with a lunch somewhere and its monthly meeting. If you could send me a personal message with some contact details and some idea of your plans, I'll pass these on at the next meeting and someone will hopefully be able to tee something up with you.

Regards,
Brett