Torsen/Quife diff vs Peugeot 504/505 Lsd Diff

Douvrin504

Fellow Frogger
Hi, I'm wondering if a Torsen / Quife diff will improve handling at 504 compared to the original Peugeot LSD? Do you guys have any experiences ....
From what I understand, the durability is very good, but will I be able to drive faster (Rallycross,Rally) with Torsen / Quife diff ...?

My experience with Peugeot LSD is that they are not tight enough to cope with the grip that modern tyres and shocks can generate .
Peugeot LSD were designed to get you across a muddy paddock, when pushed hard they will polish the cup and cone resulting in almost no benift.
The benefit or not of the Quaife has been endlessly debated on AF , but they do not wear out and are very reliable.
I have used both in my rally car and let me just sum up there relative performance by saying am extremely grateful to be able to use an original Peugeot factory Detroit locker very kindly loaned to me by a fellow Froger.

I use a Torsen in my FWD Peugeot rally cars with no issues except when I drove along a very sandy creek bed in the Classic Outback Trial near Alice Springs. Managed to stuff it due to extended wheel spinning of one wheel or the other in first gear. Got clunky after that and was full of metal bits.