Tip When Placing Thread and You Receive An Error Message That Your JPEG Attachments Are Too Large

snoringtabby

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hello

When I was placing my ad last week for sale of my Peugeot 207 I received an error message when I was uploading my JPEG images of the car I had taken on my phone. The message stated that my images were too large. I saw another Peugeot for sale here and the person listing referred people to a Gumtree ad to see the pictures as he said he could not upload them successfully here.

Here is a link to Shuttershock Image Resizer that is easy to use to upload the pictures and then chose the option view size of Small. Just rename them to differentiate them from the original and you will be right. There is no cost to use this application.

Virtually every image viewer today can resize a JPEG image. There's one as default on every system.

So can the image manipulation apps like GIMP and Photoshop. Just open one, select "save" or "export" and follow the menu.

Often phone photos can do with some cropping as well. This helps resizing.

Phones can resize, and you can also set jpeg quality to avoid large photos.

Thanks so much seasink. I have not had much need to resize JPEGs in the past. Obviously there are a plethora of ways of doing it. Thanks for your reply.