Timing belt replacement cost

Perg

Tadpole
Gday just wondering what I’m roughly going to be set back to have the timing belt replaced on my 308 hdi 2.0

Cheers

Hello and welcome.

The kit is about $600 and the labour may be $200-$400. You need to think about if it is time- or distance-based, which may determine which other parts should be changed whilst you are in there.

Also, of course, if it is done by a cheap mechanic, a Frenchie mechanic, or a dealer.

My local Peugeot dealer charged me $1200 which included a new water pump. Extra $200 for a full service, oil change, filter, and full checkup.

Hello and welcome.

The kit is about $600 and the labour may be $200-$400. You need to think about if it is time- or distance-based, which may determine which other parts should be changed whilst you are in there.

Also, of course, if it is done by a cheap mechanic, a Frenchie mechanic, or a dealer.

Thanks legend! I’ve budgeted about $1500 so hopefully will come in unders… just a standard Mech, not many blokes wanna touch these little gems.
Easily the best $4500 car I’ve brought, until something goes wrong, had to replace pulley for harmonic balancer early this year close to $1100 with labour included…

Reactions: IWS
Parts costs for an SKF matched kit of pump and cam belt kit approx $300. Genuine or other brands are available but it is preferred to fit a pump with crushable metal gasket. Labour 2.5 to 3 hours maximum. Fitted price we charge is approx $695 plus call out if it's to be done mobile.

Though the new Peugeot dealership in Canberra act will charge $2180 for cam belt and water pump and coolant parts and labour .

Thanks legend! I’ve budgeted about $1500 so hopefully will come in unders… just a standard Mech, not many blokes wanna touch these little gems.
Easily the best $4500 car I’ve brought, until something goes wrong, had to replace pulley for harmonic balancer early this year close to $1100 with labour included…
Surprised it wasn't covered under good will as the pulley is not a common fault on the blue hdi diesel 2.0 and Peugeot would have covered it under good will assistance if under 200k on car.

If it's the older 2.0 DW10cted4 RHH then the job is cheaper and easier to do and we charge $595 fitted for cam belt.

Pulley is cheap and extremely easy to replace in under 15 mins.

Parts costs for an SKF matched kit of pump and cam belt kit approx $300. Genuine or other brands are available but it is preferred to fit a pump with crushable metal gasket. Labour 2.5 to 3 hours maximum. Fitted price we charge is approx $695 plus call out if it's to be done mobile.

Though the new Peugeot dealership in Canberra act will charge $2180 for cam belt and water pump and coolant parts and labour .
$300 certainly seems more reasonable than $600.

If paying someone else for labour, might as well do the water pump unless you know it has already been done. Depending on K's and age, I'd not replace the water pump every time, but then I do the labour myself. Looks like Dayco/Gates kits are around $150 without water pump on eBay or about $200 with the water pump. Around me it is about $250 labour to install for a straightforward job.

Mate, just had it replaced here in Orange, $712!!! I was expecting closer to $1500!! Safe to say very happy with the service, blokes genuine & knowledgeable

Mate, just had it replaced here in Orange, $712!!! I was expecting closer to $1500!! Safe to say very happy with the service, blokes genuine & knowledgeable
That's way cheaper, nice! We might do the timing belt replacement next after we finished installing the new tires and truck wheels on the F150 project.